PDA

View Full Version : July 12

Zeke
07-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Welcome to Day &. (Did you know the ampersand was once commonly considered the 27th letter of the alphabet?) Today I had to let a guy stab me in the gums with a needle a bunch of times, but I did get a Top 10 list done....
<ul> The Top 10 Cliffhanger Endings For Currently-Running Series (../top10/76.html).
[/list]

Be here tomorrow for Day 28!

(Thought for the day: on the way home, I saw the license plate NCC1701B. Excelsior-class-variant fan or driver named Harriman?)

Scooter
07-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Enterprise: Shut up! It's a currently-running series in my soul!

Just how I felt from 1989 till the beginning of this year... :)

Scooter
07-13-2005, 05:23 AM
Thought for the day: on the way home, I saw the license plate NCC1701B. Excelsior-class-variant fan or driver named Harriman?

It probably was Harriman. After the events of Generations he was demoted from the Enterprise B to a Toyota Celica.

(Although I just saw in Barnes & Noble that someone is writing books about the "lost years," featuring Harriman and young Sulu. WTF? Who would read a whole book about that wiener?)

... and that's my thought for the day.

PG15
07-13-2005, 05:52 AM

Amen.

evay
07-13-2005, 10:24 AM
*sob* me too. or me three, as the case may be.

PointyHairedJedi
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
(Although I just saw in Barnes & Noble that someone is writing books about the "lost years," featuring Harriman and young Sulu. WTF? Who would read a whole book about that wiener?)

Hey, I liked Harriman! He was just horribly inexperienced, that's all. If you want wienies, look no futher than STIII, which had not only Captain Esteban ("Oh no! My shoelaces are untied! I'd better call Starfleet Command and ask them what to do!") but also that insufferably smug git Captain Styles ("Captain! They're stealing the Enterprise!" "Not now, Commander, I'm waxing my moustache."). Now they truly were wienies of the highest order.

Also, Zeke, I would not put it past Ron Moore to do exactly what you put in that Top Ten about nBSG. I'm going to be worrying about that now all through the rest of the series. Bastard. :P

Derek
07-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Same here. (Also about Angel)

Chancellor Valium
07-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Doctor Who: After two more Doctors have died, the Twelfth is about to appear... but who will he be? Who?
Stop....puns......get......worse.....can't....carr y....on!

I'm offering 3:1 on Ross Kemp :wink:

PointyHairedJedi
07-14-2005, 11:31 PM
GAH! Don't even joke about that! :shock:

Wowbagger
07-14-2005, 11:48 PM

Shut up! Al Vinci is a currently-working person in my soul!

I heard the Lost Era book with Harriman was actually very good. As for the car, why would you name it after the B? I'd pay good money to see someone walk into the Division of Motor Vehicles and say, "That's N-C-C-one-seven-oh-one, no bloody A, B, C, or D!"

MaverickZer0
07-15-2005, 12:53 AM
:D
Hmmm....and how will Daniel be brought back this time? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but...how many times has he died? He's the Zero of Stargate.

...I am not going to say anything about the one after that until I can find my head and reattach it to my body.

PointyHairedJedi
07-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Duncan Idaho pwns all. Not even John can match his sheer prowess when it comes to going GAK!

Nan
07-15-2005, 03:40 AM
Senor Pointy is correct. Idaho's lived and died consistently over--what, ten thousand years?

Scooter
07-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Duncan Idaho pwns all. Not even John can match his sheer prowess when it comes to going GAK!

Duncan Idaho -- wasn't he the hero of Deerslayer? Great book. Though Twain didn't like it much...

(just kidding, I know who Duncan Idaho is)

PointyHairedJedi
07-15-2005, 04:36 AM
^ Oh good. Means I won't have to re-educate you.

Nan
07-15-2005, 04:48 AM
With an axe. ;)

PointyHairedJedi
07-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Oh no, that's much too subtle for me. I'd borrow one of 17's implements for this particular job.

mudshark
07-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Duncan Idaho -- wasn't he the hero of Deerslayer? Great book. Though Twain didn't like it much... Ahh, James Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offenses -- fun read.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled topic.

Celeste
07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Today I had to let a guy stab me in the gums with a needle a bunch of times, but I did get a Top 10 list done....

Woo! Dentist rocks! (yeah I haven't been paying much attention here.)

PointyHairedJedi
07-17-2005, 10:24 PM
^ IT LIVES! :shock:

Celeste
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
hehehehe. I been busy. Life, who could have thought it would be interesting, eh? :D

Chancellor Valium
07-18-2005, 07:22 PM
hehehehe. I been busy. Life, who could have thought it would be interesting, eh? :D
Life? Don't talk to me about life....
:P

mudshark
07-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Interesting is ... one way of putting it. :|

NAHTMMM
08-05-2005, 04:07 AM
Ickies. Getting stabbed in the gums is not my notion of healthy fun. :(

My favorites were:
Justice League: Superman dies! Will he come back? WILL HE?

Charmed: The question we've been asking for so long is finally about to be answered -- why is this still on?

:D

NAHTMMM
08-05-2005, 04:12 AM

"wiener"?

:evil: Just don't call him Tiny! ;)

Space Tree
09-26-2005, 04:06 AM
Justice League: Superman dies! Will he come back? WILL HE?

Zeke, when did that ever happen except for those two times?

[mind explodes with glee after both quoting and paroding South Park]

***I am truly sorry about posting this here a few months after the fact- I couldn't resist.

mudshark
09-27-2005, 03:55 AM
"wiener"? Well, it's better than "weiner," at least :P