PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man X Fiver

Torin
07-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Ha ha. Great job on the Mega Man X Fiver, Zeke. Kinda makes me wish I still had my old SNES and cartridges to go play those games again. Mega Man X2 was always my favorite of the MMX games. Can't wait for the next installment.

And...what exactly is a Kuwanger? I think that's the only MMX villian I've ever seen who wasn't an animal.

danieldoof
07-13-2005, 11:18 PM
when you want to play those games again you can download an emulator and install the games......it really works...I tried :wink:

Torin
07-14-2005, 03:37 AM
I forgot I had an old version of ZSNES on my computer somewhere. I went and downloaded the latest version/MMX2. Yee-ah! Now I'll be up all night...

Zeke
07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Torin! I'm delighted to see that there's more than one Mega Man fan in the audience. (The one is MaverickZer0.) I have an abiding love for the X series, so you can bet more fivers will be coming in time.

I had no idea what a Kuwanger was either, so I did a little research and found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomer_Kuwanger). Interesting stuff.

By the way, while I first experienced these games on emulators, there's no substitute for the original console. You can get a used SNES pretty cheap; the games are harder to find, but eBay's useful. There is no purer joy than playing MMX or Super Metroid on a SNES.

Torin
07-14-2005, 05:34 PM
I used to love watching the MegaMan Saturday morning cartoon show. Did anyone see the one where MMX came from the future to fight along side Mega Man?

I know what you mean about emulators not being as good as the original, Zeke. It's kinda awkward getting used to using the keyboard instead of thumbs. But the thing I like most about the ZSNES emulator is that you can accelerate the speed through intros, long written dialogue scenes, or even use it in bursts. Building up character levels while playing RPG's like Secret of Mana took a fraction of the time it used to. Or you can strategically save your game practically anywhere. I was finally able to do 100 Super Jumps in Super Mario RPG by saving between each jump. :lol:

MaverickZer0
07-15-2005, 01:03 AM
I've seen every episode of the old series. Then I've asked myself why.

Maybe the only reason I don't find emulators awkward is that I only play RPGs on them. I'll have to try something else. Couldn't be anymore difficult beating this particular section of Battle Network 5 on the GBA.

*eyes glaze over after reading Mega Man character summaries on Wikipedia* If I didn't know all of that already, it might be considered spoilers. (Regarding the future of NT Warrior, anyways. They don't say anything about Stream...yet.)

(Any chance Spark Mandrill was an adaptation of Spark Man, with the extra bit taped on?)

Anyways, hello Torin. Good to see another person who actually knows what I'm talking about when I refer to something in Mega Man.

PointyHairedJedi
07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
*Reads MaverickZer0's post*

*Eyes gaze over*

Torin
07-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Well, to be honest, I've only played MMX thru MMX4, and I think it was MM5 that I had on my Gameboy back when I was young. And then there was the cartoon show.

Oh, to be young and innocent again... :cry:

JVTruman
01-17-2006, 01:02 AM
For some reason, I can't find the link to it anywhere on the site anymore. Why? I know it's still there, because I have the URL, but why isn't it linked to?

Zeke
01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Oops. Sorry, that's just laziness on my part. During Cliffhanger Week, I had to put off a lot of the details, such as the usual support links to new fivers. I meant to handle that later, but some of it still isn't done. Thanks for pointing it out; the fiver's linked in the appropriate places now.

(Is it possible to make too many references to Matthew Good Band's "The Future is X-Rated"? I don't know, but I intend to find out.)

By the way, welcome to the forums, JVTruman! I hoped this round of mods would get us some more members.

PointyHairedJedi
01-17-2006, 01:59 PM
They come for the mods, but they stay for the pie.

Welome, JVTruman!