The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Fivers-on-Commission Thread (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=990)

NeoMatrix 02-20-2006 01:36 PM

I love the idea about the watches, and some of the other ideas.

With the idea of paying for the right to write alternate versions of fivers, it can be part of an "Alternate Universe" subsite

How about we go to other forums and advertise with "Can I have 5 minutes of your time," then present them with a free sample fiver (not linked to the site in any way). Afterwards, you ask them if they want to see more. If they say yes, you get them to pay to see more. Bad idea if they know about the site. Good if they don't know about it. Could be a good way to start the Got Five? campaign. Yes, I know this idea sucks.

How about selling wallpapers and screensavers with the logo?

Zuke/John/TopHatMan Action Figures! You push a button and they will say any one of their famous sayings.

Bumper Stickers

Chancellor Valium 02-20-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoMatrix

How about selling wallpapers and screensavers with the logo?

Zuke/John/TopHatMan Action Figures! You push a button and they will say any one of their famous sayings.

These I like. But for the action figures, surely we also need Karl, Binary Bob et al.?

And what about the starship 5MV? Toy tricorder (Warning! Looks very like a spoon...)?

Lostoyannaya 03-05-2006 10:30 PM

Well, you could always use Cafe-Press for the merchandise, especially if it's tee-shirt or mugs related. As for action figures...it may be more expensive to produce them than to sell them...

Quote:

Even chairs with "DOOOOOOOM!" written on them?
- I'd buy one of those!

But I like the idea of comissioned Fivers; it seems only fair. Over-working the authors would become a problem...but if you were to set-up some kind of raffle or limit to how many could be requested per month, it would work.

~~Lostoyannaya

Opium 03-06-2006 02:02 AM

How about...

"Five Minute: The Musical"

*crickets chirp*

*hay bail rolls by*

*sigh*

mark726 03-07-2006 04:12 AM

If it helps, the new guy (me) likes the idea...

Nate the Great 03-08-2006 06:57 PM

How come no one's suggested bumper stickers? We wouldn't even have to make any copyrighted Star Trek references. Just "Got Five?" a clock and fiveminute.net.

PointyHairedJedi 03-09-2006 06:56 PM

I like the idea of archives on CD (with of course a 5M clock label), and paying to write alternate versions. Those are both things I'd potentially shell out for.

Chancellor Valium 03-11-2006 11:40 PM

Err...How about T-shirts?
You could have one with an aubergine on the front and "guaranteed to scare away 99% of evil geniuses" on the back :D

catalina_marina 03-12-2006 09:57 PM

I'd go for the T-shirt. Like one of those I once saw Zeke wear in a photo.

mudshark 03-12-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
You could have one with an aubergine on the front and "guaranteed to scare away 99% of evil geniuses" on the back :D

Why is it that "aubergine" doesn't even show up in my French Dictionary? Never understood that.

PointyHairedJedi 03-13-2006 08:20 PM

Does it have "sausage", or is that just English dictionaries that are without?

Lostoyannaya 03-13-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Does it have "sausage", or is that just English dictionaries that are without?

Nope. That was Doctor Johnson's dictionary before Blackadder re-wrote it and made a bomb under the name of "Oxford". Or was it "Reader's Digest"?

~~Lostoyannya

PointyHairedJedi 03-15-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostoyannaya
Or was it "Reader's Digest"?

Ahhhh! Do not speak it's name! :shock:

Nate the Great 03-15-2006 07:28 PM

"You should send that into the Reader's Digest. They've got a page for people like you."

Hopefully soon we can have TOS and VOY complete, so we can buy CDs of the complete sets. Maybe we can toss in some fun extras, like photos of the fivists and the series-specific Top Ten lists.

Chancellor Valium 03-25-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudshark
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium

Why is it that "aubergine" doesn't even show up in my French Dictionary? Never understood that.

Or St. Cedd's college is never on maps of Cambridge?

Nate the Great 04-09-2006 07:01 PM

This topic needs a jumpstart, at least until Zeke starts making some money. Maybe we can pay him to not have week-long April Fool's Jokes anymore :roll: :lol:

I think the consensus is for watches, complete series' CDs, and bumper stickers. Am I missing anything?

e of pi 04-09-2006 07:25 PM

The little keychain thingys.

Nate the Great 04-10-2006 01:59 AM

What kind of keychains? Probably those ones that have a hard plastic shell around a cardboard insert, huh? I'd suggest the clock and red slice on one side and the "got five" and fiveminute.net on the other side.

e of pi 04-10-2006 02:08 AM

Or the slightly bendable plastic ones. But yeah, that design.

Nate the Great 04-10-2006 02:12 AM

My experience with flexible keychains is that:

Pros:

Bendable
More resistant to impact damage

Cons:

Fades faster
More susceptable to cold

I don't know if both rubber and plastic should be available, but look to the polls to discuss!