The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   April 26 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1056)

Derek 05-01-2006 05:46 PM

Okay, that was just wiik, evay. I don't think this horse you guys are beating is going to stay alive much longer. I can tell from the wiizing.

ijdgaf 05-01-2006 09:11 PM

I'm at that point now where I really don't care what they call the new console, I'm just sort of sick of hearing complaints about it now. I'd buy it even if Penny Arcade's suggested name for it went through, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

And despite the punning talent, I'm also at that point where my mind sees a wii joke and groans automatically.

Chancellor Valium 05-01-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostoyannaya
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Yes. A little.

Just a little wii bit.

Wait, you're Scottish?

~~Lostoyannaya

Or Scohtish? Like Cohlinn Powll?

Re: wii, frankly, anything which sounds like a euphemism for using the facilities is definitely going down the dumper come sales time.

e of pi 05-02-2006 12:04 AM

Agriid. I certainlii won't buy one. Then again, I don't actuallii own anii consoles, or aniithing more modern than a Gameboy Advanced. Aniiway, wii are wii iiven talking about this aniimore?

evay 05-02-2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
Aniiway, wii are wii iiven talking about this aniimore?

good effort to rhyme it both ways, but then you should have written "I certainlii won't bii one." (and if we're continuing along this ridiculous path, I suppose I'll have to change my username to iivay?)

Sa'ar Chasm 05-02-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Then again, I don't actuallii own anii consoles, or aniithing more modern than a Gameboy Advanced.
I've got you beat. I have an orginal boiled-cabbage-green-screened original Game Boy gathering dust in a closet in BC somewhere.

mark726 05-02-2006 01:55 AM

Oh, I love thii original game boys! I have one of those in my desk in my room. Still has a pokemon cartridge in it, if I'm not mistaken... Err, I mean, super mario brothers...right... :oops:

MaverickZer0 05-02-2006 03:02 AM

Why is everyone so ashamed of Pokemon? I have at least one from every generation, and I don't shirk about it. They're good games.
*plays Pokemon Silver, which is the BEST version, no matter what anyone else says*

richardson 05-02-2006 03:31 AM

Fire red is the best. I can pretty much bring down ownage on anybody in any game with my team there.

Though, I too, have owned at least one of every generation, though alas, most have escaped into the mists of time, save for Fire Red, and Emerald....

My precious....

*Gollum looks at Richardson in a freaked out way. Yodck just gets the frying pan again.*

Hejira 05-02-2006 06:44 AM

Oh god. Imagine Pokémon on the Wii.

ONLINE, guys.

Yeah. Wiicked.

Wii wants it iimiidiiately.

Lostoyannaya 05-02-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0
Why is everyone so ashamed of Pokemon? I have at least one from every generation, and I don't shirk about it. They're good games.
*plays Pokemon Silver, which is the BEST version, no matter what anyone else says*

Ii dunno. When Ii was stiill young and stupiid...okay, it's too hard to type like this. Ehem. When I was young and stupid I thought it was clever to have the Pokemon move on Crystal version... :shock:

~~Lostoyannaya :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium 05-02-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
Quote:

Then again, I don't actuallii own anii consoles, or aniithing more modern than a Gameboy Advanced.
I've got you beat. I have an orginal boiled-cabbage-green-screened original Game Boy gathering dust in a closet in BC somewhere.

I still occasionally use mine, so there :P

MaverickZer0 05-02-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
Quote:

I still occasionally use mine, so there :P

"Occasionally?"
Got you beat.
Frequently.

Chancellor Valium 05-02-2006 10:18 PM

:eek:

PointyHairedJedi 05-02-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Preach it, brother.

At this point it's pretty much a matter of whichever console the next Gran Turismo game comes out on, I'll buy. So, that'll be a PS3 then.

The film can go take a running leap as far as I'm concerned. I am positively Dogbertian in the sheer depth of my uncaring - now that my first love, Doctor Who, has returned from its untimely grave, Trek has faded into the realm of pleasant memory from which it will likely never return.

Marill 05-04-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Waaa, I stop posting here and a Pokemon topic starts? :o

I'm sure the last time I mentioned the P (or wii.. god damn it I'm not a pun person, I'll leave that to TR) word here there wasn't much love. Oh well.. I'll join in.

I've recently discovered the Game Cube games (now that final joke in the Voyagers series makes a little more sense) and I'm in love with XD and Colosseum. I do hope the Wii/Revolution does not get a Pokemon game, I demand another Game Cube game. I'm too cheap, I already have to fork out money for a DS when Diamond/Pearl get released in what, 2008 or something lol.

I love Silver too, but my cartridge is broken - my saves keep getting erased so I decided to get the rom. The only thing I've done on it for weeks is try to get my Eevee's evolve :x

Quote:

When I was young and stupid I thought it was clever to have the Pokemon move on Crystal version...
Heh me too, but I'm still stupid :?

MaverickZer0 05-05-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarilLena

Quote:

When I was young and stupid I thought it was clever to have the Pokemon move on Crystal version...

You mean...it's not that clever to have them move? o_0

Marill 05-05-2006 01:33 AM

Oh yeh, why do you think I'm so addicted to the Game Cube games :D

Lostoyannaya 05-05-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You mean...it's not that clever to have them move? o_0

Not when you're bouncing around the house because a package from your uncle in America has arrived containing said game to the point that you fall over and hurt something.

~~Lostoyannaya o_o;;

Zeke 05-06-2006 02:20 AM

Hey, it's Marill! Glad you're still out there.

I've posted my views on Pokémon before, but that was some time ago, so I'll reiterate. I love the games, at least the main series; they were genuinely original when they first appeared and have since had many imitators, but few equals. (It's unfortunate that they started the "multiple versions" thing, however.) The show was lame but harmless. And here's the heretical part... I love the first movie. Not in an ironic way, either -- I genuinely think it's great.

Quote:

I've recently discovered the Game Cube games (now that final joke in the Voyagers series makes a little more sense)

Really? Which one? Because I didn't have Colosseum till last week.