The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Fiver By Committee (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Block 17 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146)

Pteryx 11-08-2003 01:24 AM

[quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm going to take a bit of inspiration from Pteryx here and do a scene for the steak joke.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You forget, mine also inclused the spoon joke; it used that to lead into the steak joke. -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs 11-09-2003 10:47 PM

[quote:post_uid0="JobeGDG"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Another spin-off on TerakRall'sÂ…

Mouse: You know, this food isn't that bad.
Cypher: Are you kidding?! I would rather sit down to a steak dinner with an agent than eat this sludgeÂ… Which is something I have never done. Ever.
Everyone: Â…
Cypher: So, how 'bout that Oracle?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I really liked this one, actually.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17 11-10-2003 12:53 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I can't believe we're taking so long to decide on one short and not very important scene! Since no-one seems to be taking count of the votes, I shall:

that's three votes for the spoon joke, one vote for the steak joke, and one for both the spoon and the steak joke.

Anyone else not voted yet? Come on people let's make this fast; this block has dragged on for so long that Revolutions has been released and we're STILL not done! Come on! Hyah! Chop chop!

:D Slave driving is evil. Snyeh.[/color:post_uid0]

JobeGDG 11-10-2003 02:50 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Fine, then. I vote steak.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix 11-10-2003 06:59 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I vote for <s>pork</s> steak[/color:post_uid0]

Standback 11-10-2003 07:44 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Steak! You [i:post_uid0]fools.[/i:post_uid0]

I vote for PIE.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 11-10-2003 03:59 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]You can have steak in a pie!

Mmmm, steak pie...[/color:post_uid0]

Standback 11-10-2003 08:04 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm amazed we didn't consider this option last block.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] You want me to betray my friends for a piece of steak?
[b:post_uid0]Smith:[/b:post_uid0] Actually, Mr. Reagan, we were thinking of offering you... [i:post_uid0]pie.[/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] So you want I should deliver 'em frozen in carbonite, or what?[/color:post_uid0]

JobeGDG 11-10-2003 08:18 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Okay, so that's three for spoon, three for steak, one for both, and one forÂ… ummÂ… pie.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 11-10-2003 08:40 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Is this block confusing or what? The reason I left it so long without calling a vote is simply that so many versions kept getting proposed, and I didn't want to cut it off before you guys were done. There's been a lot of good stuff in this thread (I particularly like Standback's three scenes at the top of this page).

So the current vote is tied, then? Guess we'll have to wait for another vote. Maybe Ki will drop by.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 11-10-2003 09:26 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Pteryx"][quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"]I'm going to take a bit of inspiration from Pteryx here and do a scene for the steak joke.[/quote:post_uid0]
You forget, mine also inclused the spoon joke; it used that to lead into the steak joke. Â -- Pteryx[/quote:post_uid0]
Well, I was just acknowledging that my slant for that block was based on this line:
[quote:post_uid0]Mouse: What're you going to do, ask an Agent to feed you dinner?[/quote:post_uid0]

Anyway, assuming the candidate for the Steak-n-Spoon-Together Party is Pteryx's block, I'll vote for that one. If it's somehow the pair of blocks in my post that Pteryx quoted above, I'll vote for them.[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx 11-11-2003 03:40 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]It just occured to me how to include Cypher's awkwardness in a variation on my version. If you don't like the succinct, low-key duplicity in "No need", then just replace that line with this:

Cypher: Uh, of course not. I'd never do that. Really.

Call this Pteryx-B and the original version Pteryx-A. -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

Kira 11-11-2003 08:03 AM

[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0]So the current vote is tied, then? Â Guess we'll have to wait for another vote. Â Maybe Ki will drop by.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]This thread makes my head hurt.

I've been home a grand total of ten minutes out of the past 18 and a half hours, it's currently 2 a.m., and I, sadly, have to get up early tomorrow and head to work. I'll come back when my brain resolidifies from its current state of liquid goo and give my thoughts on the chaos that is this block.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17 11-15-2003 04:09 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Where are the Borg when you need them?[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 11-19-2003 03:29 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]The tally, as far as my poor 9:30AM brain can tell, is:

JobeGDG: steak
NeoMatrix: steak
Standback: spoon and pie
taya17: spoon
PointyHairedJedi: steak
dsbs: Jobe's steak joke
NAHTMMM: steak-and-spoon
Derek: spoon
Kira: (gooey sounds)

And now I'm off to class.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina 11-19-2003 03:38 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'd vote, but this block confuses me too much.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 11-19-2003 05:08 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I [i:post_uid0]think[/i:post_uid0] these are the scenes being voted for. Correct me if you were thinking of something else, voters. ;)

Jobe's block:
[quote:post_uid0]Mouse: You know, this food isn't that bad.
Cypher: Are you kidding?! I would rather sit down to a steak dinner with an agent than eat this sludgeÂ… Which is something I have never done. Ever.
Everyone: Â…
Cypher: So, how 'bout that Oracle?[/quote:post_uid0]

My spoon block:
[quote:post_uid0]Mouse: How's breakfast, Neo?
Neo: Painful. I keep accidentally poking myself with this fork. Can I have a spoon?
Tank: Sorry, Neo. There is no spoon.[/quote:post_uid0]

Pteryx's original steak-and-spoon block (see a few posts above this one for Pteryx's variation on the last line):
[quote:post_uid0]Neo: Wouldn't a spoon be better for eating this glop?
Morpheus: Sorry, Neo. Â There is no spoon.
Cypher: Forks are for eating steaks with, darn it!
Mouse: What're you going to do, ask an Agent to feed you dinner?
Cypher: No need.[/quote:post_uid0]

The steak block: Um, I'm not sure. Either PHJ's
[quote:post_uid0]Mouse: You know, this food isn't that bad.
Tank: Are you kidding me? Â I would rather sit down to a steak dinner with an agent than eat this sludge.
Trinity: Oh, be realistic. Who would do a thing like that?
Cypher: (whistles innocently)[/quote:post_uid0]
or my
[quote:post_uid0]Neo: Yuck! This stuff is gross!
Tank: It's all we have here. If you're really upset about it, you could always return to the Matrix. An Agent would probably come down on you within seconds, but if you're really persuasive maybe he'll buy you a gourmet dinner.
Cypher: Heh. Sure, persuasive's good. But [i:post_uid0]*traitorous*[/i:post_uid0] will get you a steak dinner.
Silence: ...
Cypher: Er, not that I have ever betrayed, say, Morpheus to the Agents for a steak dinner. Nope, never done that.[/quote:post_uid0]
or another one entirely.

My vote still goes to Pteryx's block (either version, with a preference for [b:post_uid0]B[/b:post_uid0] if it comes down to a tie).[/color:post_uid0]

Kira 11-19-2003 10:56 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hm, forgot about this block. Â Anyways, I think both the steak [i:post_uid0]and[/i:post_uid0] the spoon deserve inclusion. Â I hate to suggest a scene this late in the game, but here's my version of how we could include both.

[b:post_uid0]Mouse:[/b:post_uid0] You know, this food isn't that bad.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Are you kidding? Â Who would eat this mush when you could have an agent buy you a steak dinner in the Matrix? Â Which, um, I've never done. Â Ever. Â ...So, how 'bout that Oracle?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] ...Right. Â Look, it's really hard to eat this glop with a fork. Â Can't I get a spoon?
[b:post_uid0]Trinity:[/b:post_uid0] Sorry, Neo. Â There is no spoon.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 11-19-2003 11:16 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]That probably combines the two the most seamlessly. I'll vote for it.[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx 11-20-2003 07:33 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Replace "Can't I get a spoon?" with "Can I have a spoon?" and I can go for Kira's version. :) -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]