The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Like, wow (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=937)

PointyHairedJedi 01-14-2006 10:56 AM

Like, wow

I realised something not so long ago - 2006 is my fifth year of being a member here. I pretty much signed up right away, so there was no lurkage; still, five years, which, on the internet, is practically an eternity.

It's strange, of course. I think back to what I was doing five years ago, and it doesn't really seem all that long ago, but then I think about the site during that time, of all the changes and additions, moves, and of all the posters who've come and gone, the great threads and board crashes (okay, so it was only two), it seems suddenly a lot longer. (I even, freakishly, remember the first thread I ever posted in.)

What I'm trying to say is, Zeke, I'm awfully glad I stumbled across a quirkly little site called Five-Minute Voyager all those eons ago. These past five years here have been great, and I sincerely hope that I'm around to see another five.

Long live the fiver, and long live FiveMinute.net!! :D

Celeste 01-14-2006 12:39 PM

Here here! As the fifth person ever to sign up for the Fiveminute forums, and the starter of such widely renouned icons as "Cuter than this cat" and "Board at work fivers" I have to say, Zeke. My life would have been pretty different if I hadn't clicked a link that said Five Minute Voyager.

Cheers.

e of pi 01-14-2006 09:17 PM

Agreed. For example, I this wart once, and then I read all the Wars fivers and it went away. No, just kidding, but I love this place.

mudshark 01-14-2006 10:18 PM

Re: Like, wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
I realised something not so long ago - 2006 is my fifth year of being a member here. I pretty much signed up right away, so there was no lurkage; still, five years, which, on the internet, is practically an eternity.

Not quite up with you, but it's been pretty close to four years since I first found my way to this place. Lurked for a bit, reading all the fivers that then existed, before I signed up, though -- this message board thing was pretty new to me at the time.

PointyHairedJedi 01-14-2006 10:23 PM

5M(V) has the distinction of being the first web board I ever posted on. In other words, Zeke is directly responsible for making the Internet a regular fixture for me.

Feel free to thank him all at once. :D

e of pi 01-15-2006 02:49 AM

Well, it was the second of my three. :oops: Yeah, I'm new.

KillerGodMan 01-15-2006 05:47 AM

w00t

This was the first forum I ever joined.

I only ever joined two (the other being the Irregular Webcomic! forums) but still...

I've only been around a year... but it was a crazy one...

Here's to even crazier times!

Ginga 01-15-2006 05:59 AM

Well, I'll always remember when I joined and how I didn't actually get my account validated for another month. XD

But if I hadn't, yes, I would've never gotten the chance to partake in this craziness. :3

MaverickZer0 01-15-2006 08:24 AM

5MV was my second serious message board.
The first no longer exists, and I'm glad, because it became a real wreck. Those in between don't bear thinking about, because they were ezBoards/Pokemon/both.
There was also that whole pretending to be a girl stint on VVS. I don't know. I still think I should've picked a different username.

danieldoof 01-15-2006 10:36 AM

this forum was the first I ever joined..... and I behave like it huh? ....firstly I was just lurking for maybe a year or so and then I finally made the decision to join the fellowship of the ri...erm I mean the pie

so here I am and it was a very good decision to join :D

PointyHairedJedi 01-15-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0
There was also that whole pretending to be a girl stint on VVS. I don't know. I still think I should've picked a different username.

Sulu! You had a sex-change!

Xeroc 01-22-2006 06:47 AM

Congratulations, PHJ!

And although I've only been around for a year (fora) or two (reading fivers), I'd say this site really is one of the funniest, and definitely the most interesting community (and the one with the best sense of humor!) that I visit! :D

Scooter 01-22-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0

Sulu! You had a sex-change!

This reminds me of a Trek fanfic I once read where the crew of the enterprise is all converted to men (with Spock as the XYY alpha male). Let's just say, Uhura as a big angry black man is a wild, wild ride.

Chancellor Valium 01-22-2006 02:22 PM

Congratulations, PHJ.

"Go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in m- ooh! Pie!"

:mrgreen:

e of pi 01-22-2006 07:17 PM

I don't get it.

Chancellor Valium 01-23-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
I don't get it.

Read up on TV events of 1964, and you just might. Maybe.
:twisted:

e of pi 01-23-2006 10:44 PM

Gotcha.

Opium 01-24-2006 08:08 AM

I am also in agreement PointyHairedJedi :D

This wasn't the first forum I joined, but it is one of the coolest, and the only one from that era that I still post at, because it is so cool. And full of fun, long, rambling, goofy threads.

Five-Minute Forums is a great place just to hang out, with no maddening debates or complicated rules or structures.

Thanks Zeke!

Chancellor Valium 01-24-2006 01:49 PM

Having been here a year now, can I use the Long, Dim Wince Into The Past?

This was the second forum I joined. The first is now pretty much entirely dead (someone will arrive occasionally and stir things up, but nothing else really happens), and it is the one place on the internet that feels like home :)

e of pi 01-24-2006 10:24 PM

The other one I joined was from a site that I had found about the same time as Fm.net, but had less traffic so I felt more at home joining.