The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Happy Birthday, Zeke! (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1328)

Sa'ar Chasm 01-10-2007 10:37 PM

Concorde. "Message For You Sir"'s name was Concorde.

*got the DVD for Christmas*

*now all I need is a DVD player*

Nate the Great 01-10-2007 11:25 PM

I really should go out and find a killer rabbit to put me out of my misery. I pride myself on being a Holy Grail fanatic. Chalk it up to a brain hiccup, I suppose.

Oh, and as the culture captial of the Midewest, we have Spamalot this season. Is that any good, worth the plethora of dineros a ticket would cost?

e of pi 01-11-2007 12:36 AM

Dunno. I'm going when it comes to Indy. Heard the soundtrack, it's eccentric, but not bad. Kinda depends on how the acting and script is, really. Nope, no useful info here, just a stream of conciousness.

Nate the Great 01-11-2007 01:35 AM

At least you're honest.

Oh, and which DVD? The plain one, the 2-disk special edition, or the 3-disk special edition? I'm gonna have to get it if only for the LEGO movie.

Nate the Great 12-18-2007 12:10 AM

It's Zeke Day again, and it's time to par-tay!

Or maybe something a little less geeky. :)

Chancellor Valium 12-18-2007 02:21 PM

Happy birthday, Zeke!

I'd find a picture of some pie, but apparently there are rules - like, "don't steal bandwith", "don't open an airlock when people are inside", "and don't lie about your genetic status"...

*twitch*

ijdgaf 12-18-2007 09:04 PM

A chat and I missed it? Gah.

Shall there be more?

And a very belated merry birthday as well.

Nate the Great 12-18-2007 09:24 PM

What chat?

PointyHairedJedi 12-18-2007 09:25 PM

Happy Zekeday, birth! :)

I mean...

Eh, you figure it out.

ijdgaf 12-18-2007 11:39 PM

Er...

This is a very old thread, isn't it.

Chancellor Valium 12-19-2007 12:14 AM

Very.

I wouldn't worry, 'tho. As I recall, I missed it, too...

Nate the Great 12-19-2007 12:24 AM

Yeah, but why create a new thread for each birthday, every geek holiday, etc.? Seems kinda wasteful. That's one reason why I created the all-purpose PNQ thread.

ijdgaf 12-19-2007 01:26 AM

Because some people will marvel that a forum with as little traffic as this got a thread going to three pages in less than two days, will read the whole thing and think that the time and date settings for his user CP are wrong, and will feel bad for missing a chat that in actuality happened a year ago and that he probably didn't even miss it in the first place. Unless he did.

Uh... yeah. Whoops.

mudshark 12-19-2007 01:30 AM

Indeed.

PointyHairedJedi 12-19-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate the Great (Post 75630)
Seems kinda wasteful.

In principle that seems very laudable, but I don't think that recycling old BBS threads has quite the same impact as recycling, say, aluminium cans or old tyres.

Nate the Great 12-20-2007 02:56 AM

What, new people are going to assume that the site is brand-new and there's no such thing as an old forum post? Uh-huh...

AKAArzosah 12-20-2007 10:14 AM

OH NO!

I missed it all... by several days O.O

Happy Belated Birthday Zeke. Hope you are less busy than I am, and got/get holidays and fun stuff like that. And stuff. Shiny shiny stuff.

- o o o o
- | | | |
---------
|******|
-_______ - <--- Meant to be a cake

catalina_marina 12-23-2007 01:15 PM

Mmm, pie.

I guess I forgot too. Sorry 'bout that.

Happy belated birthday, Zeke. :D

Nate the Great 12-24-2007 01:05 AM

I wonder if Zeke asked for fjords when he blew out his candles. ;)

Zeke 12-24-2007 10:57 PM

(Rats, I thought I posted my reply last night but it looks like I didn't.)

Thanks very much, guys. Like last year, I'm flattered that I didn't need to say anything about my birthday; it's even more flattering this year since the site is in such a dry period. I'm really hoping I can post something soon.

This term, however, I've had a much better excuse than usual. My thesis had to be done by December 17 (go figure), and it was close, but I made it. I'm proud of my work, and I look forward to showing it to you in a month when I've met the rest of my program requirements and it gets uploaded to UW's thesis database. It's about the Weil conjectures.

That's actually just one of the two major timesucks I've had in my life lately; the other is an absolutely crushing girlfriend snafu. You're shocked, I know...