The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Link Thread (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1377)

Nate the Great 09-05-2018 03:47 PM

Apparently there's a color called "DeLorean Gray"...

Aren't DeLoreans made out of stainless steel? Furthermore, the grout in the picture looks like a pretty generic silver to me, you might as well call it "Duct Tape Gray"...

PS: I'm enough of a literary nerd to say that this is The Picture of DeLorean Gray. Some puns are painful, you know...

Nate the Great 09-07-2018 11:27 PM

Mathologer proves e and pi are transcendental.

While I'm a math enthusiast on the lower levels, when you get up this high I get a headache.

Nate the Great 09-09-2018 01:46 PM

Time for another Star Trek DeviantArt Day, I think. Apologies in advance for any duplicates, at this point I've done so many that it would take too long to check every time.

A shot of the TOS crew, probably during one of those end-of-episode joking sessions.
Our Man Bashir-style movie poster
Sarek and Amanda
Kirk, Spock, and Gillian
Dixon Hill meets the Eleventh Doctor
The Vulcan perspective on the meaning of romantic finger-touching
Given Bones' expression, I think Spock just zinged him...
A great group shot, but that movie version of the emblem is an obvious anachronism...
The TNG crew encounters the weirdness of TOS. Try to see how many episodes you can see referenced...
Kirk shoots a Stormtrooper, and Leia is impressed. Does anyone else think that Leia looks more like Janeway?

Nate the Great 09-09-2018 11:59 PM

Awhile back I posted the Daicon IV opening, an early AMV that squeezed just about every element of pop culture (including an Enterprise NCC-1701 cameo) into one Electric Lights Orchestra video.

Well, to celebrate the 50th anniversary someone made a music video of Star Trek clips only. Not just canon clips, but images from across the fandom, including the Dusty Abell TOS collage that I like so much.

Nate the Great 09-11-2018 02:20 AM

Courtesy of Reddit, a collage of the Trek musicians.

As one Redditer put it, where's Riker and his trombone?

Nate the Great 09-16-2018 07:52 PM

You can beat Super Mario Bros U without touching a single coin!

It takes a lot of work to have exactly the right suit on at the right time and to be going through the right levels in the right order, but it's possible.

Wow...

Nate the Great 09-17-2018 03:41 PM

Clips of every word spoken in A New Hope, rearranged to be in alphabetical order.

"Why would anyone do this?" I hear you ask.

To rip off CGP Grey, "Because...Internet."

Nate the Great 09-19-2018 11:26 PM

By sheer coincidence I happen to run into a strip about pirates during my latest Questionable Content binge on Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Nate the Great 09-21-2018 07:41 PM

This is a joke that got me today on Facebook, apparently it's been around long enough for a "few" variants to appear.

Nate the Great 09-25-2018 02:05 AM

The King's Quest V Ant Song German fandub

Just a bit of randomness to spice up your day.

(Original for comparison)

Nate the Great 09-26-2018 03:16 AM

As today's entry in "unlikely musical couples for 100, Alex"...

Bing Crosby and Ethel Merman as sweethearts in "Anything Goes".

Nate the Great 09-27-2018 10:19 PM

Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers in the first image from the upcoming biopic...

Yikes. Definite Uncanny Valley vibes here...

Nate the Great 09-28-2018 08:00 PM

Element14 (formerly the Ben Heck Show) hacks ROB the Robot to be useful.

He's a voice-activated emulator and projector now.

Nate the Great 10-07-2018 09:52 PM

It's too soon for another Star Trek Deviantart Day, but I'm in the mood for another DD, so let's go with the Hitchhiker's Guide this time!

As a prelude, H2G2 and Doctor Who have long had an informal connection, but Martin Freeman has also opened the door to Sherlock crossovers.

These buttons would be cool to have
The MLP:FIM cast reimagined as the H2G2 cast
Babel Fish cross-stitch
Sherlock as Ford Prefect in the bar 12 minutes before the end of the Earth

Marvin joins Baymax, EVE, and BB-8 in a selfie
The My Little Pony version of Zaphod

Arthur's homemade Scrabble tile message recreated with real Scrabble tiles

And since a Star Trek crossover is inevitable...
Zaphod joins characters from Doctor Who, Star Wars, Men in Black, and Red Dwarf at Quarks

Nate the Great 10-15-2018 08:53 PM

LEGO Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D!) bridge

Good hair choices for Chekov and Sulu, but Kirk could be better (I guess they didn't want to reuse Chekov's hair).

I'll assume that the catgirl is M'Ress, but who is that Andorian? The only notable Andorian Enterprise crewman I can think of is Thelin, but he wore blue, not red.

Nate the Great 10-27-2018 12:50 AM

Today is the 10th Anniversary of Atop the Fourth Wall

Nate the Great 10-31-2018 12:01 AM

Apparently the question of who owns the Statue of Liberty is more complicated than I thought...

CGP Grey strikes again.

Nate the Great 11-02-2018 01:09 AM

A bunch of Star Trek props (costumes, sketches, etc.) are up for auction...

Which one would you want as a personal momento if you could have any lot for free? You can't turn around and sell it immediately, FYI.

A set of four tribbles from "Trials and Tribbleations" is obvious, of course, but I'd rather have the William Ware Theiss collection.

NAHTMMM 11-03-2018 06:10 PM

Some of those hand-drawn things look pretty good.

Nate the Great 11-13-2018 11:54 PM

The Detective Pikachu trailer

Ugh. You'd think a multibillion dollar corporation could make CG "realistic" Pokemon that look better than the ones in Pokemon Apokeypse!