The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   March 25 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1016)

Zeke 03-25-2006 10:38 PM

March 25

Man... right now in the staff forum we're discussing ideas for something special to celebrate the upcoming sixth anniversary, and I'm just waiting for one of the guys to say "We could try updating."

All I can say is it's been a lousy couple of months. I'll keep working on it. And I guess it's not like anyone familiar with 5M.net finds these dry periods unusual or surprising. All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. (So say we all.)

Anyway, two items today. First, since it's been such a long wait, here's something special: our first Farscape fiver in three years! It's "Mental As Anything" by 5MF newcomer Derek Dean. (He's determined to get something in every subsite, I think.) This one comes with an unusual spoiler warning -- there are mild spoilers for the first season of Veronica Mars. So if you don't want to find out it was actually Backup who killed Lilly, don't read it.

Second, I've finally made a page for the 5MTV category, thus restoring access to some fivers which were previously listed on the defunct Sci-Fivers page. (Stay tuned for next week when I finally make the site Y2K-compliant!)

Derek 03-25-2006 11:09 PM

Re: March 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
(He's determined to get something in every subsite, I think.)

I completely deny that totally true statement.

Scooter 03-26-2006 03:46 AM

Wow -- because the Mr. Terrific thing was craftily repeated, I thought there wasn't an update. Then I did a Roger Rabbit double take. Woo hoo! Stealth updates!

Tate 03-26-2006 06:57 AM

What a coincidence. I had just started watching an episode of Farscape on TV (practically the only Farscape episode I have ever watched) when I came here and found that there was a new Farscape fiver. Exciting.
Quote:

Quote:

He's determined to get something in every subsite, I think.
I completely deny that totally true statement
:lol:

Zeke 03-26-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter
because the Mr. Terrific thing was craftily repeated

You know, it's actually more polite to just say "Hey Zeke, you forgot to change this."

whoiam 03-26-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You know, it's actually more polite to just say "Hey Zeke, you forgot to change this."

I, for one, didn't realise it was a mistake. I thought it was in in-joke...:$

Scooter 03-27-2006 01:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I totally thought it was on purpose, and you were making a joke about how lame it would be for Mr. Terrific to show up on Firefly. A sentiment I totally agreed with...

ijdgaf 03-27-2006 02:28 AM

Hey, any new Firefly, Mr. Terrific or no, would be fine by me.

Asky 03-27-2006 03:16 AM

Quote:

But it's just not as fun...

ijdgaf 03-27-2006 07:55 AM

Wait a sec. Why are we talking about Firefly, anyway?

Scooter 03-27-2006 04:25 PM

Because I said Firefly when I meant to say Firescape. I mean, Farfly. I mean -- damn it, where is my brain? It was here a minute ago...