The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   October 7 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=551)

Zeke 10-08-2004 07:14 AM

October 7

Hello and welcome to Day... um... 3 of the Five-Minute Angel relaunch, featuring fivers from Season 5. (I know, it's been longer. Technical difficulties -- sorry about that.) Here are the final fivers of our Five-Minute Angel relaunch:
<ul>[*]Five-Minute "The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco," by Derek. You now have seen the last of him in this event, after a trio of great fivers.[*]Five-Minute "Harm's Way," by someone we don't see often enough at 5MV proper: Nan, head of Five-Minute Stargate. This is her first solo fiver here since B5's "Z'ha'dum" -- over three years ago. I think you'll agree it's something to encourage.[*]Five-Minute "Smile Time," by BR48. This is his second fiver -- I do hope you all remember his first. And finally....[*]Five-Minute "A Hole in the World" andFive-Minute "Shells," a great double header from Kira.[/list]And that's not all! As a final bonus, here's a Top 10 list (by me): The Top 10 Bad Website Ideas for Angel Characters.

Thank you all for joining us for this event -- we've had great hitcounts throughout. Don't go away! Season 4 of Enterprise premieres tomorrow, and big things are about to happen at 5ME....

Draknek 10-08-2004 08:04 AM

Haven't read the fivers, but that list? Classic.

Alexia 10-08-2004 12:16 PM

Also, haven't read the fivers but my particular favourites from the list are:

Quote:

The Wesley Fanpage Wait Come Back It's Not That Wesley
and
Quote:

Knox's Fort
:lol: :lol:

I actually think Knox's Fort is a great name for a site! But maybe thats just me :wink: :mrgreen:

NAHTMMM 10-09-2004 01:35 AM

Quote:

Angel: I'm trying to care enough to use this phone, but I'm just feeling disconnected.
Number 5: Maybe you won't feel disconnected if I connect your head with this window.

Wesley: The demon is called Tezcatcatl. He's a Mexican demon. Killed by five brothers who wore numbers on their faces.
Angel: I bet they cleaned his clock. Where can I find one of them?
Wesley: Do I really need to answer that question?

...Angel: I didn't have enough money to call up the Shanshu prophecy, and besides, these parodies are only five cents a piece!
Wesley: Maybe they should be called fivers in Number 5's honor.
Angel: Nah, that's a stupid name. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got more parodies to read.
:lol:

Quote:

Harmony: Nobody loves me.
Fred: I'm pretty sure there's a chance that's probably not true.
Harmony: So you like me? Yay! Let's go out drinking!
Fred: Uh...

Harmony: Alcohol makes anything fun. Ooh, look at that guy!
Fred: The guy with the big neon bullseye on his neck?
Harmony: That's him.
Heheheheh :mrgreen:

Quote:

Angel: Relationships are scary and confusing. I wanna go hit stuff with swords now.

Door: Don't.
Angel: Sounds like reverse psychology to me.
Door: Have it your way.
Angel: Now to mess with this weird mystical thingy.

Puppet Angel: Everyone, I called you in here to tell you something very important: I am a puppet.
Fred: You're so cute as a puppet! Can I keep you in my vampire puppet collection?
Lorne: Great idea, Angel. I bet this'll help us bring in a lot of younger clients.
Wesley: PR is important, but won't this make it harder for you to inspire fear in the forces of evil?
Puppet Angel: I hate you all.

Fred: Wesley, I love you.
(kiss)
Wesley: What are you trying to tell me?
Fred: (sigh)
Great stuff! :D

Quote:

Fred: Wes, why is this happening to me? Did I do something wrong?
Wesley: You know, I'm beginning to think being female is reason enough, around here.
:D

Quote:

Illyria: Humanity. Blech.
Wesley: If you don't like it here, then you should --
Illyria: -- kill all humans. An excellent suggestion.
Wesley: I meant you could return to --
Illyria: -- get the army that is waiting for me! Brilliant!
Wesley: Perhaps I should quit while I'm ahead.
Indeed :mrgreen:

Quote:

Spike: Vahla ha'nesh.
Angel: That was either a sneeze or an ancient demonic temple that just happens to be somewhere close by.
Spike: The second one.
Angel: Man, how many of those things are there in southern California?
:lol:

Quote:

Illyria: Well, I hear your position of science nerd is vacant. Or, you could teach me all about humanity and stuff.
Welsey: Welcome aboard, Illyria.
Illyria: Just call me Fred of Nine.
Heheheh.

Good to see the section get some proverbial meat on its proverbial bones ;)

Quote:

The Wesley Fanpage Wait Come Back It's Not That Wesley
Angel Conveys an Emotion
Heheheh.

KillerGodMan 10-09-2004 01:59 AM

Ooo! Enterprise Season 4 starts *checks* Today! Friday! Hey, wait a minute... this is starting to look like TOS....

Anywho, does Enterprise season four starting mean you're going to five Zero Hour? I SO want to see the fiver for it!

PointyHairedJedi 10-09-2004 08:38 AM

^Well, sure, but more season two fivers would be nice too, as I could actually, you know, read them.

Also, BR48 - now there's name I've not heard in a while. Still hanging out at the Iain Banks forum? I haven't been there in too long.

BR48 10-09-2004 09:31 AM

Oh, I drop by there occasionally. I was never a frequent poster on that forum.

PointyHairedJedi 10-09-2004 11:24 AM

Well, it's nice to know you're still around, anyway, And presumably you're looking forward to getting Mr Banks' latest book...? ;)

Wowbagger 10-24-2004 05:44 PM

I'm sorry; this is probably a stupid question (fends of hordes of elementary school teachers saying "The only stupid question is, 'Is this a stupid question?'), but did we change URL's or something on 10/12/04? Or am I just not being patient enough?

Xeroc 10-24-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowbagger
I'm sorry; this is probably a stupid question (fends of hordes of elementary school teachers saying "The only stupid question is, 'Is this a stupid question?'), but did we change URL's or something on 10/12/04? Or am I just not being patient enough?

Nope, still http://www.fiveminute.net/ - Zeke's just behind on the Updates.

KillerGodMan 10-24-2004 10:21 PM

^very behind!

Wowbagger 10-28-2004 12:42 AM

Quote:

A vote for Morphine is a vote for Pie, continuity, canon and stuff done on time! Or else Pantsman will get you!
...and it rhymed so well. Right up to the end. :cry:

Zeke 10-28-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowbagger
Or am I just not being patient enough?

You've already been more patient than you should have had to be; regardless, we're back now.

Chancellor Valium 10-28-2004 06:14 PM

Patience, as a virtue, is in short supply.....on the other hand, blatant hypocrisy can be found anywhere. Yes, this is a comment about myself....