The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I sense a Halo... (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=984)

Burt 02-14-2006 11:46 PM

I sense a Halo...

Just a question really.
Does anyone around here partake in Halo2 Online?

Along those lines, are there any Halo fivers? Or any plans to do so?

Hejira 02-15-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

I'm waiting for broadband and Vista and Halo 2 for PC and before I do that. Any excuse to get another computer.

I don't know why I'm so eager to get Halo 2, though. I just got the first game, and I suck at it. I'm just not used to fall damage.

Quote:

IIRC, the upcoming movie will be an accurate depiction of the events before and in the game, so I'd say it'd make sense to wait until it's out so there's more to compress.

I don't suck at watching movies. :lol:

Burt 02-15-2006 12:29 AM

Waiting for the movie maybe a good idea, I'm not sure. While I never have a problem with movies of Games (i.e. Resident Evil 2, which I think was just a delightful film!), Sometimes the spirit or heart of the game doesn't survive, so the the film tends to be someting very different.

ijdgaf 02-15-2006 01:11 AM

What is this X-Box you speak of?

I play Mario Kart DS online.

And soon, Metroid Prime Hunters. Which I do predict could very well become a sort of handheld equivalent to Halo.

EDIT:

Concerning videogame fivers versus movie fivers, I would imagine that neither would exclude the other from being done. I certainly plan to get the Tomb Raider movies done as fivers, as they barely resemble the source material (and suck infinitely more).

It's certainly possible that Halo would be an exception if the plots were very similar. But to my knowledge, no videogame adaptation to date has been so faithful.

Gatac 02-15-2006 09:00 AM

Actually...(Topic derails!), are you still working on a fiver for Angel of Darkness? I've had one sitting here for...well, since I came here. I'd trash it in a heartbeat for some TR love from the master, but if you're not going to do it, might as well put that one in the queue.

Gatac

ijdgaf 02-15-2006 07:50 PM

Angel of Darkness and Legend are mine. As are the GBC/GBA games, if I can think of a good way to do them.

You've had a fiver done for it that long? Why didn't you ask first?

Gatac 02-15-2006 08:09 PM

Er, actually, it was the first thing I did when I came here. While you did announce your intention to five Angel of Darkness, you also said that you hadn't played the game at that point.

Having gone two years without ever hearing about this again, I thought it was time to ask if you're still on course. Since you are, that answers my question.

(Seriously, if you're gonna do one, that's cool. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten.)

Gatac

NeoMatrix 02-16-2006 02:03 PM

When Halo 2 first came out, I played online alot. However, I don't have Xbox live right now, so I can't play it until I get it back.

richardson 02-16-2006 09:36 PM

Re: I sense a Halo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burt
Just a question really.

I plan on doing the Halo-based series Red Vs. Blue

*Stakes his flag on blood gultch.* Then again, considering how short the episodes are, it might be closer to 5 second Red Vs. Blue...

Hejira 02-17-2006 10:55 AM

RvB *is* 5MRvB! :lol:

Except for the finales or something, you may have to five it as a seasonal thing. As in one fiver for S1, one for S2, two for S3...

richardson 02-17-2006 12:12 PM

Why? Doing it 5 minutes for each episode is cooler, and about half are more than 5 minutes, which means I can cut the unimportant stuff out.

Burt 02-17-2006 12:14 PM

I think I'm lost. Red Vs Blue? This would be...?

richardson 02-17-2006 12:18 PM

You'll see, young padawan. You'll see.....

Anyone who knows what it is needs to be quiet!

e of pi 02-17-2006 05:02 PM

I'm bribable...

Zeke 02-17-2006 07:06 PM

I may be reading too much into your tone here, richardson, but you realize you can't just decide you're doing fivers of something, right?

In any case, Hejira is right -- I don't watch RvB but I know it's already a parody, so fivers would be redundant.

Chancellor Valium 02-17-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
I may be reading too much into your tone here, richardson, but you realize you can't just decide you're doing fivers of something, right?

In any case, Hejira is right -- I don't watch RvB but I know it's already a parody, so fivers would be redundant.

Besides, isn't Infinite Joke Regression more...Not-Zeke-But-He-Who-Must-Be-Obscurely-Referenced's territory?

e of pi 02-17-2006 11:36 PM

Yeah.

Zeke 02-18-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Besides, isn't Infinite Joke Regression more...Not-Zeke-But-He-Who-Must-Be-Obscurely-Referenced's territory?

Who?

Hejira 02-18-2006 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

Actually, I was referring to the length of the episodes. The longer episodes (you know, the ones that are more than ten minutes) *may* be doable, though. It'd be a challenge, but some people like a challe...

...how the flickerbat could you *not* watch RvB? It's...it's...it's...

Someone help me out here. The only way I can describe it is a funny orb of funniness that never fails to shine raybeams filled with fun.

Zeke 02-18-2006 09:28 AM

It has a lot to do with my complete unfamiliarity with Halo.