The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   June 30 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=455)

Zeke 07-01-2004 03:09 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]

Here's a new TOS fiver, the first from Season 3 in a while. PointyHairedJedi makes his second appearance on the site (not counting TJI, where he's a frequent quotee) with "Spectre of the Gun."[/color:post_uid0]

Derek 07-01-2004 11:34 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Kirk: Listen, I know this is going to sound strange, but we're actually space explorers from the twenty-fourth century, and my name is Kirk.
Ed: That's a good one Ike. Not as funny as the one about the cattle rancher and the three nuns though.[/quote:post_uid0]
Great fiver, PHJ![/color:post_uid0]

Alexia 07-01-2004 12:46 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]McCoy: He's in perfect health, Jim.
Kirk: Good. That's one less murder charge I have to worry about.
Chekov: But it was all so real... you were there, and Auntie Em....[/quote:post_uid0]

:lol: Nice fiver, PHJ! Haven't watched much of TOS, but it's still funny :D[/color:post_uid0]

galibert 07-01-2004 11:14 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Zeke, fix the list from the news page please, thanks :)[/color:post_uid0]

antodav 07-01-2004 11:26 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid10][quote:post_uid10]Kirk: Listen, I know this is going to sound strange, but we're actually space explorers from the twenty-fourth century, and my name is Kirk.
[/quote:post_uid10]

I know this is nitpicking, but, um....twenty-[i:post_uid10]fourth[/i:post_uid10]?

Antodav, puqloD Gav[/color:post_uid10]

NAHTMMM 07-02-2004 01:35 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid14][quote:post_uid14]Kirk: Stand by for action! Anything can happen in the next half hour!
Sulu: Captain -- there's a strange twirly thing on the big flat moving picture thing!

McCoy: Your busted lip just fills me with confidence. I would offer you some bourbon, but...
Kirk: So that's why Scotty is lying under the table.

Kirk: So, it happens that it doesn't have to happen the way it did happen.

McCoy: But it should have worked.
Spock: And yet it didn't, even though it shouldn't not have.[/quote:post_uid14]
Heeheehee :D

[quote:post_uid14]McCoy: He's in perfect health, Jim.
Kirk: Good. That's one less murder charge I have to worry about.[/quote:post_uid14]
:lol:

Great job with the fiver, PHJ![/color:post_uid14]

Nan 07-02-2004 02:26 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Everything's funnier with nuns.

Good one, Pointy! :D[/color:post_uid0]

Quinalla 07-02-2004 12:10 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Spock: I have just one question for you, Captain. You wanted to kill, and yet you did not -- why?
Kirk: Humanity has overcome its need for pointless violence, Spock. Now, does anyone know a good place to find some aliens I can beat up?
(Spock's head spins at Ludicrous Speed) [/quote:post_uid0]
Bwhaha! Great fiver :)[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli 07-02-2004 11:34 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Kirk: I guess watching that western last night wasn't such a good idea after all.
Johnny: Ike! All ready for your fight with the Earps?
Spock: Interesting. We must be the Clanton Gang.
Chekov: And who won this shootout?
Spock: Take a wild guess....
[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Kirk: Really, fellas, there's been some sort of misunderstanding here.
Virgil: What part of 'leave town or die' did you misunderstand?
Kirk: I'm not really Ike Clanton, I'm actually James Kirk -- I don't really exist here.
Wyatt: Then you won't feel the bullets when we shoot you. You've got 'till five, Clanton.

[quote:post_uid0]Kirk: So that's why Scotty is lying under the table. Spock, would it be possible to build a communicator or something?
Spock: In 1881? The scary thing is, you're serious.

*znerk*

[quote:post_uid0]Melkosian: (on screen) This is the voice of the Melkosians -- we know you can hear us, Earth-men. Kirk, you could have killed, but you did not.
Kirk: Um, no, no, of course not, not like I was planning to or anything.
Melkosian: You may proceed to our planet, Kirk. But heaven help you if you try to sell us any insurance.... [/quote:post_uid0]

Hilarious stuff there, Mr. P.H. Jay.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 07-07-2004 09:09 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="antodav"]I know this is nitpicking, but, um....twenty-[i:post_uid0]fourth[/i:post_uid0]?[/quote:post_uid0]
Nitpicks, always with the nitpicks! The scary thing is, IJD missed that one too.

What I really need is for someone to say that they got the painstakingly crafted (well, maybe not so much) [i:post_uid0]Doctor Who[/i:post_uid0] references. I think also somehow that "The Gunfighters" fiver appeared after mine was no coincidence....[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 07-13-2004 02:23 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think I only just now caught the one Star Wars reference... *blush*

I can't say that I specifically identified anything as being from Doctor Who, PHJ, but when it looks like a reference and you wrote it I tend to assume it's from Doctor Who anyway ;)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 07-13-2004 08:51 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]And this is after only my second published fiver - am I that obvious?

And yes the SW ref was rather non-obvious, but I'm glad someone got it.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 07-13-2004 08:58 PM

[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I think also somehow that "The Gunfighters" fiver appeared after mine was no coincidence....[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Didn't I say that in the "Gunfighters" newspost? I did.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 07-13-2004 09:14 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, but I read this thread before that. My Force powers weren't working so well that day.[/color:post_uid0]