The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Fiver By Committee (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   September 15 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=522)

Zeke 09-09-2004 06:27 AM

September 15

After a wait of (checks) five months, Fiver By Committee will return on (checks) September 15.

Thank you for your patience.

(checks)

- Z

catalina_marina 09-09-2004 04:25 PM

I just realized something. We did 22 blocks, but there are only 21 blocks posted in the Completed Fiver Blocks thread.

And it's not that bad, Zeke. It's been only four months, not five. :wink:

Gatac 09-09-2004 05:11 PM

And I just rewatched Matrix...oh, the fun we're going to have.

*cackles maniacally*

Gatac

Xeroc 09-09-2004 09:52 PM

Woooo! :D

Can't wait!

PointyHairedJedi 09-09-2004 10:48 PM

Great!

NeoMatrix 09-10-2004 04:18 AM

That's good news!

Saxamaphone 09-10-2004 04:43 AM

I'm back just in time then

Alexia 09-10-2004 05:57 AM

If you start from the bottom and read up, this thread sounds a lot like word assosciation :lol: I actually had to check what thread I was in :wink:

Sounds like fun! Can anyone be on the committee? I'm not quite sure how this works...

Zeke 09-10-2004 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexia
If you start from the bottom and read up, this thread sounds a lot like word assosciation :lol: I actually had to check what thread I was in :wink:

Sounds like fun! Can anyone be on the committee? I'm not quite sure how this works...

Hmmm, after a four-month gap there will probably be people who don't know what FBC is. I'll make an explanation thread and Sticky it.

Alexia 09-10-2004 06:50 AM

Thank you Zeke. You're so obliging :wink: :mrgreen:

Scooter 09-10-2004 11:13 PM

Woo hoo!

Now let's actually post to the FBC with funny block ideas when it comes back, O.K.?

'Cuz, ya know, we weren't always doin' that...

Looking forward to it. Thanks, Long Suffering Zeke. Hey, new name! We should call him LSZ from now on. Except [people will think he's some kind of new hallucinogen...

Scooter 09-10-2004 11:14 PM

Re: September 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
(checks)

Cool! When do we get them? Can we cash them right away?

hahahaha, nevermind. *slinks away*

taya17 09-14-2004 04:10 AM

You know, for a moment there I thought you were making wordplay on "Czech", and like me, would like nothing more than to keep a harem of cute Central/Eastern European boy-toys...

...then I re-read your post carefully and realized belatedly that it's not always spelt "cheque" by other people. :roll:

Scooter 09-14-2004 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taya17
...then I re-read your post carefully and realized belatedly that it's not always spelt "cheque" by other people. :roll:

Dang, was I being Americentric again? Howzabout dat. *slinks away*

Zeke 09-14-2004 07:01 AM

Wait, are you British or American? You've always seemed British to me. And who's your avatar now?

Alexia 09-14-2004 07:11 AM

:wink: Of course I could be wrong, or that coulda been put in after you asked. Whats wrong with me today? I'm admitting I could be wrong...*looks around* I think I need to stop taking those pills...

And how do you seem British? :lol:

The avvy looks like someone who I don't know who it is, standing outside a tardis, or possibly something else. :mrgreen: Am I close? :wink: :lol:

PointyHairedJedi 09-15-2004 02:49 PM

That is, of course, Chris Ecclestone, Doctor version 9.01.

Zeke, there are people outside the UK that are fans of Doctor Who too, you know. :wink:

Alexia 09-15-2004 03:26 PM

And there are people in it who aren't :wink:

PointyHairedJedi 09-15-2004 03:40 PM

We don't talk about those people though. Because they are sick and very disturbed.

:P

Scooter 09-15-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Wait, are you British or American? You've always seemed British to me. And who's your avatar now?

To quote Shaggy: "Zoinks!"

Of course I could still be located in New York City but be British (some Brits do emigrate here for some reason). But yes, I admit it, I am American (sigh).

New avatar is Christopher Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor (FAQ on the new Doctor for those interested: http://gallifreyone.com/newseriesfaq.php). The American fans are probably more rabid than the British fans—we're all waiting with great anxiety to see what channel picks up the new series (latest rumor is Sci Fi channel). I've loved Doctor Who for ages, and a few other British shows. After all, most Britcoms are ten times smarter than Friends, and most episodes of Doctor Who are at least twice as smart as ... um, nevermind. :)

"always seemed British" Shall I take that as a compliment? I can certainly understand a Canadian assuming that someone with a brain would have to be British rather than American.. ;)