The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Member titles/levels (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129)

Anonymous 09-24-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
When do I get a title?..

Soon. :twisted:

MaverickZer0 10-06-2004 11:03 PM

Weird, 'cause it took like two posts for me to get a title...

Oh yeah. Mega Man makes obvious jokes. Forgot that.

catalina_marina 10-12-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Quote:

When do I get a title? I have an avvy.....and a siggy...........

And if you keep calling them that, you're never getting a title. :D

It didn't take nearly that much for me to not get a title. :wink:

And then, when I got attached to my titlelessness, the man gives me a title. :roll:

So Valium, since you obviously want a title, it may take a while. :D

Chancellor Valium 10-12-2004 06:43 PM

I am forced to agree. The most powerful physical law is against me: Sod's Law of Toast Landing Butter Side Down, The Phone Going When You're On the Toilet, etc etc etc ad nauseam/infinitum.
And besides, mine's been made in Taiwan and wont arrive until Tuesday, or, failing that, "soon" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Xeroc 10-12-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

I am forced to agree. The most powerful physical law is against me: Sod's Law of Toast Landing Butter Side Down, The Phone Going When You're On the Toilet, etc etc etc ad nauseam/infinitum.
And besides, mine's been made in Taiwan and wont arrive until Tuesday, or, failing that, "soon" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You realize, of course, as soon as you posted this, you have a title now! :twisted: :D

Chancellor Valium 10-13-2004 06:15 AM

Yes. I understand everyone else's but mine I can't make head, tail, eyes or ears of.... :(

catalina_marina 10-13-2004 02:04 PM

Neither can I, but then, that's normal. :wink:

Chancellor Valium 10-13-2004 06:57 PM

Lexy explained it. Valium - drug - pill - pill-ar of the community.

Zeke 10-14-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0
Weird, 'cause it took like two posts for me to get a title...

Yep, both at the old board and here. That's not because I like you better, it's because I'm quite possibly an even bigger Mega Man fan than you, and I was delighted to finally have company. (His old one was "X-Hunter," a reference to the villains in Mega Man X2 and to what the real Maverick Zero did in X5.)

Title waiting time varies widely, just like email waiting time from me. It's a longstanding principle. Generally you'll only get a title quickly if your avatar suggests an obvious one or I know you from someplace already (like evay); otherwise I wait till I have an idea of your personality.

Do you like the title, Valium? That never used to be an issue, but after the Ariela incident, I've decided from now on I'm willing to change people's titles if they're dissatisfied or tired of them.

Alexia 10-14-2004 07:21 PM

Did I mention I liked mine :wink: :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium 10-14-2004 09:05 PM

Im fine with it. I can't think of a better one....so it doesnt really bother me - just having one's nice.... :D

Sa'ar Chasm 10-14-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Generally you'll only get a title quickly if your avatar suggests an obvious one
...or your nickname.

Hotaru 10-19-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Generally you'll only get a title quickly if your avatar suggests an obvious one
My original title was related to my avatar. I have no idea what my current one is about.

Alexia 10-20-2004 06:48 AM

I'm thinking your name :wink: Nice Shakira avvy btw :mrgreen:

Hotaru 10-20-2004 01:34 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Shakira? That's Britney dancing on the balcony in the "I'm a Slave 4 U" video!

NeoMatrix 10-20-2004 03:58 PM

We are Borg, We will assimulate your legos

Alexia 10-20-2004 04:07 PM

It is? :lol: OK. Nice Brit--no, I can't say it :wink:

Lego borg? :lol: :lol: *wants* :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium 10-20-2004 06:03 PM

I *was* working on lego Doctor Who.....if you've seen the stuff online...theres the crap, and the lets-paint-or-glue-stuff types.....I do neither..... :D

Opium 10-23-2004 11:15 AM

Hehe, I now have a member title that doesn't match my new avvy... for several days! :o

Scooter 10-25-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opium
Hehe, I now have a member title that doesn't match my new avvy... for several days! :o

That's O.K. Zeke even asked about my new avatar in one of the forums, weeks ago, and yet ... the Ninth Doctor still has Wang ... :)