The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why can't they just boost the inertial dampners? (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1088)

e of pi 06-03-2006 03:44 AM

Why can't they just boost the inertial dampners?

Today, I experienced more gravitational effects in two minutes than I normally do in a week; that's right: I took my first roller coaster ride. That's right: first, in my entire fifteen years. Go figure. I just kept freaking out in line. Almost lost my glasses, if not my lunch, but it was fun.

Ginga 06-03-2006 05:02 AM

It's funny, I've never managed to almost lose my glasses on a roller coaster. Maybe it's because I've got all this hair to keep them in place. xP

Well, congrats! They're awesome, once you get past the fear of them. =P

Lostoyannaya 06-03-2006 01:42 PM

I had my first rollercoaster experience at 15 too, at Thorpe Park. Man, I love that place xD It was a piping hot day and me and my friend went on the log flume several times, then on Samauri to dry off, then on the log flume, Samauri...you see where I'm going with this?

Kudos to not loosing your glasses or your lunch xD

~~Ma...Lostoyannaya

NeoMatrix 06-03-2006 02:08 PM

I've always loved rollercoasters, but for the longest time, I refused to go on one that went upside down. I believe the first one with loops that I rode was the Batman ride at Six Flags in Georgia. Now I love them all.

Ginga 06-03-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoMatrix
I've always loved rollercoasters, but for the longest time, I refused to go on one that went upside down.

ME TOO! I was on my first one of those when I was 16, I think. My friend persuaded me to go on one with just one loop, to start me out. And I loved it. :lol:

mark726 06-03-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

I've always loved rollercoasters, but for the longest time, I refused to go on one that went upside down. I believe the first one with loops that I rode was the Batman ride at Six Flags in Georgia. Now I love them all.

I was also the EXACT same way. My fear came from this old ride from a local carnival, called the Kamikaze. I was really to small for the seats, and the thing kind of hung upside down for about 30 seconds, and I felt myself slipping out of the seat...But I got over my fear of upside-down rides around 15 as well, and now I love all roller coasters. I get rid of the glasses problem by putting them in a pocket or backpack. I can't see, but I trust that more than watching the glasses go flying away...

mark726 06-03-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

I was also the EXACT same way. My fear came from this old ride from a local carnival, called the Kamikaze. I was really to small for the seats, and the thing kind of hung upside down for about 30 seconds, and I felt myself slipping out of the seat...But I got over my fear of upside-down rides around 15 as well, and now I love all roller coasters. I get rid of the glasses problem by putting them in a pocket or backpack. I can't see, but I trust that more than watching the glasses go flying away...

PointyHairedJedi 06-04-2006 11:24 AM

Rollercoasters are fun! Stoke is right near Alton Towers, though I must confess I've not been recently.

Chancellor Valium 06-18-2006 02:07 PM

I must admit that in twenty-nine years, I have never been on a rollercoaster. I'm petrified of heights, thats all.

PointyHairedJedi 06-18-2006 03:02 PM

It's a pity you're not afraid of the dark too, otherwise the Black Hole would be just perfect for you.

Sa'ar Chasm 06-18-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

I must admit that in twenty-nine years, I have never been on a rollercoaster. I'm petrified of heights, thats all.
Quite sensible. Fear is a survival mechanism.

The biggest roller coaster I've been on is the big on in West Edmonton Mall. Let's not discuss the Drop of Doom.

PointyHairedJedi 06-18-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
Quite sensible. Fear is a survival mechanism.

Don't make me go all Bene Gesserit on your ass.

Chancellor Valium 06-19-2006 05:57 PM

Pointy, read closely:

>_>

<_<

NINJA!

PointyHairedJedi 06-19-2006 08:29 PM

I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings--

GAH!

Shucks, it nearly worked too.

Chancellor Valium 06-19-2006 09:27 PM

Mwahahaha!
(dramatic music!)

Fire the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Death Ray Star Breaker Thingummabob!
(Even *more* dramatic music!)