The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Let's Get Something Straight (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=946)

Vedra 01-26-2006 03:32 AM

Oh. She's not nearly so pretty anymore. I think Kevin has taken his toll on her looks. And career.

KillerGodMan 01-26-2006 03:46 AM

Yep

e of pi 01-26-2006 04:20 AM

I really could care less, but it would require medication.

Vedra 01-26-2006 09:04 AM

Britney needs to dump that trailer trash looking neanderthal she's shacked up with and reboot her entire career.

Chancellor Valium 01-26-2006 11:15 AM

A fatal OE exception has occured.

Sorry, "reboot" made me think computers...

Hotaru 01-28-2006 06:29 AM

Britney's success has actually remained fairly high. The problem is popular radio's reluctance to play her music, and poor managing.

Take for example the song Someday. Someday was released as a video and had a good reception. Then 3 months after the video peaked in popularity, they released the single. People had forgotten about it.

Also, only recently has the billboard top 100 started counting digital downloads. For songs like My Prerogative and I've Just Begun digital downloads were most of the singles sales. On iTunes My Prerogative hit #2, and I've Just Begun reached #4. With the advent of counting digital downloads Britney's song Do Somethin' (a personal favorite of mine) was able to reach #100 on the US billboard charts due to the fact that it reached #49 on the digital downloads charts, despite the fact that the video and single were never released in the US.

Britney's popularity has dropped in the past few years, however she is still more popular than most non-fans believe.

She should still dump Kevin though.

and date me <.<

Chancellor Valium 01-28-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotaru
Britney's success has actually remained fairly high. The problem is popular radio's reluctance to play her music, and poor managing.

Take for example the song Someday. Someday was released as a video and had a good reception. Then 3 months after the video peaked in popularity, they released the single. People had forgotten about it.

Also, only recently has the billboard top 100 started counting digital downloads. For songs like My Prerogative and I've Just Begun digital downloads were most of the singles sales. On iTunes My Prerogative hit #2, and I've Just Begun reached #4. With the advent of counting digital downloads Britney's song Do Somethin' (a personal favorite of mine) was able to reach #100 on the US billboard charts due to the fact that it reached #49 on the digital downloads charts, despite the fact that the video and single were never released in the US.

Britney's popularity has dropped in the past few years, however she is still more popular than most non-fans believe.

and date me <.<

Well, that leaves one question: Why is she grinning in a vaguely provocative way in your avatar?

Just curious.

Vedra 01-28-2006 03:55 PM

Date you? Oh. I thought you were gay. My bad. I figured a lot of the guys on the internet that had girl avatars were gay (like me, for example.)

KillerGodMan 01-29-2006 05:44 AM

..............................................*a few hours later*............................................ ............*a few days later*............................................ .................................HUH?

MaverickZer0 01-29-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarn-Vedra
Date you? Oh. I thought you were gay. My bad. I figured a lot of the guys on the internet that had girl avatars were gay (like me, for example.)

Hn...I don't think I've ever used a female avatar. Femme guys, yeah. But not female.

KillerGodMan 02-01-2006 02:28 AM

I don't think I ever have either

PointyHairedJedi 02-01-2006 12:46 PM

I used Shirtless Trip as an avatar for a while, which of course means I'm as straight as a Roman road. ;)

Zeke 02-01-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotaru

Considering that they're married, breaking up would be a bit bigger than just "dumping" him. Especially since he's the father of her child and all.

Not that I'm particularly fond of Federline. I'm just sayin'.

Sa'ar Chasm 02-01-2006 07:44 PM

They're celebrities (well, she's a celebrity, at least). Different rules apply. They're better people than the rest of us, after all.

Chancellor Valium 02-01-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
They're celebrities (well, she's a celebrity, at least). Different rules apply. They're better people than the rest of us, after all.

...In the same way that revolutions are always glorious?

Zeke 02-01-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
They're celebrities (well, she's a celebrity, at least). Different rules apply.

Perhaps, but not to Hotaru.

(And marrying a celebrity is enough to make you one. The set of celebrities is closed under matrimony.)

e of pi 02-01-2006 10:26 PM

Nice analogy.

Burt 02-12-2006 10:14 AM

Thinking about it, in a computer game if I ever get to choose which character to be, I always seem to pick the female ones. I never noticed it until a friend pointed it out.
I have no wish to be a woman.

whoiam 02-12-2006 06:43 PM

In online games, at least, that's usually because other players tend to be nicer to girls.

In offline ones where the pc has a voice and insists on using it, it's because you'd rather listen to a girl all game then to some bloke with a hero complex.

In BG2, it's because you've installed the Chloe mod and want to see if the lesbian romance is worth all the fuss.

Actually, I included her just to hear Minsc misunderstanding the meaning of the word "lesbian".

Chancellor Valium 02-12-2006 06:59 PM

I tend to play as a man. Maybe that's because I prefer immersion.