The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Happy Birthday, Zeke! (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1328)

Chancellor Valium 12-17-2006 01:37 PM

Happy Birthday, Zeke!

Unless the birthday system is still overly-screwy, I do believe it's Zeke's birthday!

Happy birthday and muchos pie :D

Alexia 12-17-2006 01:54 PM

Happy Birthday Z :) *hands over pie*

Derek 12-17-2006 03:08 PM

Happy Birthday, Zeke! Have four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. And one to grow on.

evay 12-17-2006 03:52 PM

qoSlIj DatIvjaj! :D or Hronia Polla!

Sa'ar Chasm 12-17-2006 06:27 PM

Happy birthday, dude, and shame on you for not mentioning it to anyone.

Next year's the quarter century, and it's all downhill from there.

/Eyeore

Gatac 12-17-2006 08:40 PM

Be well on this day of a meaningless anniversary, fleshy one.

Gatac

mudshark 12-17-2006 09:04 PM

Happy Birthday, Z.

Mince pie to you.

Or apple, if you like...

Zeke 12-17-2006 11:25 PM

Thanks, everybody! I was expecting to spend today marking papers, but I managed to get them done yesterday (all 359 of them), so today I can take it easy.

I don't do a lot to celebrate my birthday here in Waterloo, as I don't know many people here. But I'm going to do two things I haven't done in a while. First, I'm going to order pizza tonight. I did that a lot when I first moved out, but this year I've been forcing myself to spend less on food.

The other thing I want to do is have a #5mv chat. I have no idea why we stopped doing those; I think we just sorta petered out. But Xeroc's site is still working fine, so I'll be there at 9:30 EDT or so, and I hope some of you guys can join me.

I also have an update I'm working on which should be pretty cool. 23 is one thing, but surely now that I'm 24 I'll be able to keep focused and finish it....

Sa'ar Chasm 12-18-2006 12:27 AM

Lucky for you I can't set my watch back to BC time.

Nan 12-18-2006 01:24 AM

Woo! Happy birthday, Zekeybuns!

Nate the Great 12-18-2006 02:49 AM

Aw man, I hate being reminded about how old we're all getting.

Plus, when you're older than the birthday boy, you feel really wretched.

danieldoof 12-18-2006 01:18 PM

yay happy b-day zeke...I hope you get a lot of pie today :D

Chancellor Valium 12-18-2006 01:19 PM

Shut it, random nonsensical method of transport, you're making me feel all zimmery!

:p

Edit: Also, how far away is EDT from GMT?

Edit 2: Aww, dang, I missed it :(

Nate the Great 12-18-2006 02:41 PM

Zimmery? That's a new one...

How'd the chat go? Was that on irc?

danieldoof 12-18-2006 03:25 PM

hey when was that chat???
in "real" time?

Sa'ar Chasm 12-18-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

About six months.

The logs should be available somewhere. Actually, I think if you log in to Xeroc's site (by following the link in Zeke's post, which is where it was, Nate) you can read our wittiness and see how awesome we were that evening.

Nate the Great 12-18-2006 05:34 PM

It wasn't in real time. Zeke stole a time counterfeiter from Temporal Investigations and created five minutes of fake time that you can fit an hours' worth of conversation in. How do you think he created the site? :)

mudshark 12-18-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium (Post 71652)

Eastern Standard Time is GMT minus five hours , but I think it's six for Daylight (or something like that -- it's one of those things I'm likely to get backwards, if I'm not engaging the brain carefully.) (Edit: Sa'ar's covered that bit, I now realize.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Shut it, random nonsensical method of transport,
[heh... :D ]
you're making me feel all zimmery!

Meh, neither you nor the young punk have much to worry about for a while, there. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...lies/grmbl.gif

Nate the Great 12-19-2006 03:57 AM

It'd be neat if we could set aside, let's say, two half-hours a week to meet in a chat. Two sessions just to cover the fact that not everyone is in the same timezone, ergo not everyone is awake and able to access their computers simultaneously. Point-by-point instructions and/or a FAQ would also help.

Chancellor Valium 12-19-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudshark (Post 71662)
Eastern Standard Time is GMT minus five hours , but I think it's six for Daylight (or something like that -- it's one of those things I'm likely to get backwards, if I'm not engaging the brain carefully.) (Edit: Sa'ar's covered that bit, I now realize.)

Meh, neither you nor the young punk have much to worry about for a while, there. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...lies/grmbl.gif

The icy hand of thirty's upon you already?

You don't seem a day over 29 and 11 months :p