The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ST:SO:TTEOT (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548)

Hotaru 10-05-2004 12:02 AM

ST:SO:TTEOT

I bring to you...

Star Trek: Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time.

First off, for Zeke, the "The" and "Of" are actually included on the box, so they're included here.

So I went out and picked up a copy of Star Ocean: TTEOT, and sat down to play for 6 hours. Imagine my surprise as I discovered that this game was JUST like star trek. You start off on Hyda (Risa) and then some stuff happens, you board a ship that travels at Warp (really, they call it warp), then you board an escape pod and end up on an Underdeveloped planet where you can't reveal who you are because of the UP3 (Prime Directive).

So, if you want to play a great star trek game with an RPG twist, get Star Ocean! Just don't get upset when the call the UFP the Pangalactic Federation, or disrupters... disrupters. I'm half expecting to see Vulcans. Silly Square Enix.

Star Trek meets Final Fantasy, I'm in heaven.

ijdgaf 10-05-2004 12:10 AM

So it's good?

What do you have to say about this?

;)

Hotaru 10-05-2004 12:13 AM

I think they're crazy! What's wrong with the other characters attacking of their own accord?

NAHTMMM 10-05-2004 12:56 AM

Oh, there are SO many games where I've wished my teammates would show a little intelligent initiative... :roll: ;)

Alexia 10-05-2004 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijdgaf

LMAO! I agree with NAH though. In Elite Force for example..."We're a team, but you lot just stand there and get shot, and I'll do all the work".

Is it a PC game?

Hotaru 10-05-2004 10:48 PM

It's a ps2 game. The only computer game I play is FFXI. Now, if you'll excuse me, Nel is about to be executed and I need to save her.

Xeroc 10-05-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotaru
It's a ps2 game. The only computer game I play is FFXI. Now, if you'll excuse me, Nel is about to be executed and I need to save her.

Hmmmm... I have a ps2 (don't use it a whole lot, and share it with some other people) so I might try this out sometime! Thanks for the reccomendation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAHTMMM
Oh, there are SO many games where I've wished my teammates would show a little intelligent initiative...

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with NAHTMMM here too.

Alyxe 11-02-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

So it's good?

;)

Filtered by our RM school network XD.

But as to playstation games...I prefer the old Amiga engine.

Chancellor Valium 11-02-2004 05:02 PM

My favs - wipeout 3 and tekken...:D

Sa'ar Chasm 11-02-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Oh, there are SO many games where I've wished my teammates would show a little intelligent initiative...
MechWarrior4:
Me: You guys go over there.
Them: OK.
(I go over there. They stand there. I get blowed up.)
Me: $%*@!

Sometimes there's one lancemate who'll respond, but she's usually driving the missile boat, ie her job is to stand far away and shoot things from a distance. Naturally she walks up toe-to-toe with an assault 'Mech and gets pounded.

The lesson: obeying orders is fatal.

ijdgaf 11-02-2004 08:26 PM

[quote="Alyxe"]
Quote:

So it's good?

;)

Filtered by our RM school network XD.[quote]

Seriously? That's no fun....

Hotaru 11-03-2004 06:07 PM

It's so hard! Gah! I even have it on the easiest setting!

There is some problem with the AI though. Unless you're controlling a character, they refuse to use items! Or to cure themselves with magic! Other wise it's great!

This game is not for the timid. This game is for those who enjoy mindless violence, and the death of millions. And people who like Bunnies!