The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you like Threshold? (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=693)

Hotaru 03-20-2005 06:08 AM

Do you like Threshold?

As per the Dark secret thread, how do you feel about Threshold?

Ginga 03-20-2005 08:27 AM

Hahahaha. Seeing this thread made me laugh. :lol:

Well, I'm sort of neutral about it. It's hilarious in a very ridiculous way, but it's so bad that it's a little hard to sit through.

I'm leaning toward no, though. This episode gives J/Pers too much fuel for their fantasies.

MaverickZer0 03-20-2005 08:52 AM

While I was tempted to put 'the color purple', I have to say I liked Threshold. It made me laugh, dammit.

Chancellor Valium 03-20-2005 01:35 PM

Ummmmmm.........what episode's threshold?
Oh, and i wnet for purple. I like purple :wink:

Zeke 03-20-2005 04:02 PM

My feelings about "Threshold" are much the same as my feelings about "A Night in Sickbay." (Brannon Braga has his name on quite a few like these.) Both episodes had incredibly dumb concepts that should never have seen the light of day, but both were executed really well, with great dialogue and some interesting characterization. That said, I tend to agree with Tim Lynch that "Threshold" is one episode that needs to be considered non-canon for canon's own good. The concept of accelerating to "infinite speed" and actually attaining it makes no sense (especially to a mathematician like me) and opens a can of worms the size of West Springfield.

mudshark 03-20-2005 04:37 PM

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything Zeke said.

RDM, in particular, really elevated Threshold with his performance and, face it, A Night in Sickbay was pretty dern funny, if you've got any appreciation for the absurd.

Vedra 03-20-2005 09:32 PM

I saw Threshold when I was much younger, so the scientific facts of it didn't really bother me at the time, I just remember being grossed out by the J/P sex.

PointyHairedJedi 03-22-2005 08:17 PM

In the words of Strong Bad, I give it the "Double Deuce". :D

Ginga 03-22-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
In the words of Strong Bad, I give it the "Double Deuce". :D

:lol: is all that I need to say here.

Celeste 03-23-2005 04:22 PM

What? I didn't think it was that bad. This *is* science fiction here, people. They're running around with telepathic aliens and going through wormholes and you don't think they can reach infinate speed then turn into slugs? Come on. :P

AKAArzosah 03-27-2005 10:25 AM

I voted yes only because there is a book called threshold that i like. in reference to the voyager episode, i would have said 'The colour purple'

catalina_marina 04-15-2005 12:12 AM

Zeke's right, it makes no sense. But I was young, and I liked it. K? :wink: