The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I request an East Timor flag. (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=960)

ijdgaf 02-01-2006 02:30 AM

I request an East Timor flag.

I was just about to change my country of origin to "East Timor" on these boards. Just because East Timor is an awesomely obscure place to be from.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that East Timor is not a viable place to be from. I'd have to be from Indonesia or something, which is woefully mainstream.

So I hearby request (no -- DEMAND!) a flag under my avatar falsely labeling me as a citizen of East Timor.

Who's with me?

Derek 02-01-2006 03:17 AM

I want a Numenor flag!

Or possibly a Krypton one.

Sa'ar Chasm 02-01-2006 04:22 AM

I want Rohan. It looks enough like my family crest to be mistaken for it at 50 x 50 pixels.

whoiam 02-01-2006 05:25 AM

I want a family crest for a flag to be similar to...

Anonymous 02-01-2006 12:56 PM

No Republic of China flag either? How wonderfully ironic. :D

PointyHairedJedi 02-01-2006 12:56 PM

Grrr, stupid cookies.

Chancellor Valium 02-01-2006 05:44 PM

I demand that all people named "Ethel" be rounded up in one place and left there for fifty years!

Anonymous 02-01-2006 07:14 PM

I demand that I may or may not be--

Aw crap, it says my name right there. I ask you, where's the doubt? Where's the uncertainty? The AUPSLPTP is definitely going to hear about this!

Chancellor Valium 02-01-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vroomfrondle
I demand that I may or may not be--

Aw crap, it says my name right there. I ask you, where's the doubt? Where's the uncertainty? The AUPSLPTP is definitely going to hear about this!

And I'm going to quote you on it! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Katy Jane 02-01-2006 09:03 PM

I've decided i'm going to be from madagasacar... just because

Zeke 02-01-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vroomfrondle

The best part is that you misspelled your own name.

e of pi 02-01-2006 10:23 PM

Heh. Totally random. Thread rating: 8.

Chancellor Valium 02-01-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
Heh. Totally random. Thread rating: 8.

Church bells are ringing, songbirds are singing, and everyone's happy and..erm..happy.. Hip hip hip hooray!

:mrgreen:

Anonymous 02-01-2006 11:36 PM

OR IS IT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

How dare you impinge my prerogative as a philosopher (though I will admit only that I may or may not be one) to question the nature of the self through any and all such means as I see fit! To assume that one in such a lofty positon as I would make such a plebian error as to misspell my own name, when of course I'm doing it completely intentionally! But then, you see, maybe I'm not! HAH! Maybe I really am making an error, and by doing so highlighting the battle between the concious mind and the subconcious desire to smash and destroy! HAH! Maybe I don't really know about, and I'm just talking through my hat in the hope of confusing you! HAH!

...Oh, bollocks. I've just given the whole game away.

Chancellor Valium 02-01-2006 11:45 PM

Re: OR IS IT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Vroomfondel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

How dare you impinge my prerogative as a philosopher (though I will admit only that I may or may not be one) to question the nature of the self through any and all such means as I see fit! To assume that one in such a lofty positon as I would make such a plebian error as to misspell my own name, when of course I'm doing it completely intentionally! But then, you see, maybe I'm not! HAH! Maybe I really am making an error, and by doing so highlighting the battle between the concious mind and the subconcious desire to smash and destroy! HAH! Maybe I don't really know about, and I'm just talking through my hat in the hope of confusing you! HAH!

...Oh, bollocks. I've just given the whole game away.

I demand that your name may or may not sound vaguely priapic!

I demand that I may or may not be totally insane.

I demand that the sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray!

I demand that majikthise is a very silly name!

I demand that you are a crap philosopher!

I demand that you may or may not think Oolon Colluphid actually knows what he's talking about!

ijdgaf 02-01-2006 11:53 PM

East Timor is indeed a volitile young nation.

Chancellor Valium 02-01-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijdgaf
East Timor is indeed a volitile young nation.

Indeed. A pity that nothing can really be done to resolve the situation there. While it sounds cruel, I suppose the best and most long-lasting way is to let them sort their own troubles out.

Kristina 02-12-2006 06:20 PM

Hey, there's no Vatican flag, either. But there's always Andorra and Monaco.

e of pi 02-12-2006 06:41 PM

As opposed to the Vatican Rag, by Tom Lehrer?

Chancellor Valium 02-12-2006 06:43 PM

Ooh! I want a Vatican flag!

:mrgreen: