The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Wiikend is here (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1317)

Nate the Great 10-29-2007 12:57 AM

So it's closer to a Classic Controller, only with a different shape and different interface design.

Burt 10-29-2007 08:07 AM

.... I mean, ok, he's a Hedgehog. But he's blue and spikey and very fast. What's not to love?

ijdgaf 10-29-2007 05:34 PM

Yes Virginia, Sonic in Brawl is a good thing. If only as a symbol to stand in stark contrast of the "Sega does what Nintendon't" days of the 90s when Sonic and Mario were chewing on one another's ankles.

That, and his moveset looks pretty sweet.

Nate the Great 10-29-2007 11:34 PM

I just saw a demo of Brawl on YouTube today, and I must admit that I'm as let down as I thought I'd be. All he does is spin like a buzzsaw randomly. Other than that he's just like most of the other fighters. He wasn't written to exist only on a strip of ground fifty feet long, he's supposed to be zapping at Mach Ten around Mobius. Brawl can't do him justice.

ijdgaf 10-30-2007 06:32 AM

I'm beginning to think you collect unpopular opinions as a hobby, and use internet forums as a crude means to exhibit your assorted menagerie.

Burt 10-30-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate the Great (Post 75174)
I just saw a demo of Brawl on YouTube today, and I must admit that I'm as let down as I thought I'd be. All he does is spin like a buzzsaw randomly. Other than that he's just like most of the other fighters. He wasn't written to exist only on a strip of ground fifty feet long, he's supposed to be zapping at Mach Ten around Mobius. Brawl can't do him justice.

But... Sonic.... and ...... Sonic...... with Mario...... and Sonic....

Nate the Great 10-30-2007 11:47 AM

You don't need Smash Brothers to have the two Titans of Gaming interact. All you need is an environment that gives both of them an equal home field advantage. And face facts, a bowling-alley sized piece of dirt hovering in the air tends to give the advantage to Mario.

PointyHairedJedi 10-31-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijdgaf (Post 75179)
I'm beginning to think you collect unpopular opinions as a hobby, and use internet forums as a crude means to exhibit your assorted menagerie.

I'd call him Wowbagger-esque, but that would be confusing given that we already posess a poster of that name here.

ijdgaf 11-05-2007 07:01 AM

This is just the smoking gun we need to uncover the truth about the wowbaggerati.

PointyHairedJedi 11-07-2007 04:59 PM

I figure at the very least that they shot Kennedy and faked the Moon landings, and I'm pretty sure they were responsible for the downfall of the Roman Empire too.

Chancellor Valium 11-07-2007 05:15 PM

They also genetically engineered the Leola Root.

Nate the Great 11-07-2007 08:13 PM

Well, Jim Wright DID compare leola to rhubarb...

Burt 11-08-2007 07:58 AM

Anyway Back to the Wii....

Anyone seen that Endless Ocean thats due out tomorrow? (Might be called something different in the states). Looks pretty good... And an amazing soundtrack with it. I like the idea of a quiet relaxing game too. No people to kill, no bosses... just a nice quiet swim in a pretty place.
On the killing side though, there is RE: Umbrella Chronicles with the Wii Zapper!
Smash brothers is out soon too WITH SONIC! And then of course, it's the daddy.... Mario Galaxy...

One complaint though... Could they have not spread the games out a bit... I'm still moving through Resident Evil 4 Wii, and hardly started on old Metroid 3 (Though I'm gonna give it a bloody good try this weekend) And now 4 big named game are due in the same month?
Cheers Nintendo..

Nate the Great 11-08-2007 02:02 PM

You can always speedrun while you wait, once the game's done.

Burt 11-11-2007 01:32 PM

Ok ok! The time has come. I now seem to have games that can play online or have online stuff. However I know only about 3 people with a Wii... and one has not the internet.
So I am requesting to swap Friend codes with anyone here. You're a weird, moody, geeky bunch, but they seem to be my defineing characteristics so.... and needs must eh?
My code... (After I finally found it..) is
2692 1829 9029 4866

Any others?

Chancellor Valium 11-11-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burt (Post 75314)
Ok ok! The time has come.

The Reckoning will begin.

Nate the Great 11-11-2007 09:22 PM

Now there's a sig for the ages (once you tweak it a little):

Burt: You're a weird, moody, geeky bunch, but they seem to be my defining characteristics, eh?

ijdgaf 11-12-2007 06:12 AM

It'll probably take me a bit to dig up my code. I'll try to remember. But it's almost trivial as I don't own anything online yet, and won't until February (Smash Bros.)

Just to let y'all know, Toys'R'Us has just about the craziest damned deal I've ever seen on Super Mario Galaxy. Buy it from them next week and you get a free $25 gift certificate. So if you were gonna buy it anyway, now you 25 bucks toward your next game purchase.

And everyone is releasing all their big guns this time of year. It is not a good time of year to be broke and a gamer, unfortunately. I got a new 360 and a Wii and a ton I want for each and... gah. Hopefully I'll find a job soon, add another paycheck, and pick up Assassin's Creed too.

Nate the Great 11-12-2007 08:44 AM

Is it ever a good time to be a broke gamer? Come to think of it, for me it's no so bad because no money means fewer decisions to make. Still don't even have a Gamecube.

AKAArzosah 01-02-2008 11:00 AM

Now my Mum wants a Wii, but my Dad says wait until the next thing they bring out. What's in the works for Nintendo? Or is Sony/Playstation bringing out a remote operated game system at any point in the near future?

In other news, I did buy myself a DS. Great games, but I'm not likely to ever be in one of their online-y places, and wouldn't know what do do if I was. No one else I know has a DS either. Great games though!