The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   December 12 (5M^_^: Five-Minute Sailor Moon) (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1540)

Zeke 12-12-2009 05:11 AM

December 12 (5M^_^: Five-Minute Sailor Moon)

We are BACK! Back to destroy you all! Back to defend the Earth from space invaders! Back to find <i>all seven</i> Dragon Balls!

Our glorious return begins with perhaps the most action-packed and manly anime in history: <a href="../a1/sailormoon.html">Five-Minute <i>Sailor Moon</i></a>!

Yosh!

[NOTE: I'm gonna make a full out-of-kayfabe post on the LJ comm to explain what happened and what's gonna happen now, but for the moment, suffice to say our long national nightmare is almost over. The "return" of 5MAnime will be short-lived.]

MaverickZer0 12-12-2009 07:13 AM

Considering the dating of this, I feel fully justified in calling this a birthday present to me. You can pretend that's why you wanted to get it done yesterday, even. See, it totally works.

Okay, maybe not. But welcome back, Zeke! I had forgotten most of Sailor Moon, but that still made me laugh.

Nate the Great 12-12-2009 08:25 AM

It's times like this I wish we could choose the font size on the posts; 'cause right now I want to write "SIGH" in fifty-point font more than you can possibly imagine.

Anyway, good work. I'm still a little surprised you chose to do the first two seasons and not stick with just the first, but whatever. More Molly and Melvin would've been awesome, too.

Derek 12-12-2009 02:42 PM

It's all so clear. Joss got all of his ideas from Sailor Moon!

Great fiver, Zeke. The narrator was great.

Quote:

Tuxedo Mask: It is I!
It was he! Tuxedo Mask, having been captured and brainwashed by Queen Beryl, was now fighting against the Sailor Scouts!
Sailor Moon: What? But... but our babies!

Sa'ar Chasm 12-12-2009 03:03 PM

Zeke's still got the touch.

I'd comment on specific parts, but then I'd have to reveal familiarity with the series, and that's just not going to happen.

(Meatballhead...Earth is doomed)

Zeke 12-12-2009 03:23 PM

Ack! Pretend you didn't see those "???" bits. Those were reminders to me to look stuff up. (Yes, I researched this mofo.) I'll fix them.
[ED: Done.]

Wowbagger 12-15-2009 01:20 PM

Quality. Now I not only had a good laugh, but I actually understand my girlfriend's references to a show she watched in her distant youth. It's like a recap, only funny!

Mission statement fulfilled!

NAHTMMM 12-16-2009 10:37 PM

It's hiliarious because it's true. And because it's inherently hilarious.

Well, I only know enough about the series to recognize the first 2+ screens or so of text as sounding familiar, but anyway, a great update, Zeke. :D

Wowbagger 12-17-2009 04:05 PM

To second NAHTMMM:

Moar, plz.

MaverickZer0 12-18-2009 01:29 AM

Hey wait look what day it is.

Happy Birthday, Zeke!