The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you could save any non-Trek scifi show (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1382)

MaverickZer0 05-02-2007 07:40 AM

It's Carter going to Atlantis? Oh, great.

Because of what she does, and her past interactions with Atlantis characters. We won't get the McKay/anyone else but Carter dynamic anymore, and there's only so many times you can watch them argue.

Nate the Great 05-02-2007 03:13 PM

Oh come now, after ten years you don't give the creators more credit than that?

PointyHairedJedi 05-02-2007 07:36 PM

I'm going to be naughty and say Enterprise. :D

Zeke 05-02-2007 08:42 PM

That was naughty of you.

Seriously though, if I can drop the sci-fi requirement for a sec, there's one show whose cancellation I'm most frustrated about right now: The OC.

What?

Nate the Great 05-03-2007 01:39 AM

Stop being naughty. Although since I've long said that Enterprise ain't Trek, I suppose I was asking for it.

AKAArzosah 05-03-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

The OC.
I knew you'd say that.

I suppose you're right about giving them a bit more credit, Nate, but even so, ANY McKay/Carter arguing will annoy me. They could have brought Daniel to Atlantis, as there's not really a character performing that role. Getting into the history of the Ancients would provide at least a few episodes.
But who needs Carter when McKay is (almost) as smart, and much more entertaining?

Then again, I haven't seen any of Season 3 yet so I don't really know what's happening, except from spoilers.

Nate the Great 05-03-2007 02:28 AM

Well, who says that Carter will be in the lab all the time? After all, she is a Colonel, remember? Who's to say that she won't kick Sheppard out and take over AE-1? AE-1 stands for Atlantis Expedition. I just invented it. The online transcripts say "Team Sheppard," but I still think that they need to name the team already!

MaverickZer0 05-06-2007 10:25 AM

That would be even worse. Team Sheppard rules. Next you'll be wanting 'Gateship 1' and all that.

I wanted it to be Daniel, too. Especially since he wants to go so much, it makes sense for him to go, and yeah, I want some geek moments.

Oh wait. This even technically is sci-fi. Mega Man NT Warrior/ Rockman.exe. I'm still upset it's over, dammit. They didn't even show it all here.

...Also throw in another vote for Enterprise.

Nate the Great 05-06-2007 07:32 PM

I think Gateship One is reasonable, logical, and boring. Give me Puddlejumper any day.

Enterprise isn't Trek, but it's automaticlaly blackballed from consideration. Please don't make me rant on the non-Trekness of Enterprise again.

PointyHairedJedi 05-06-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0 (Post 73577)
...Also throw in another vote for Enterprise.

Mwahahahahah.

Nate the Great 05-07-2007 01:15 AM

I'd ask for further elucidation on what you think "saving" Enterprise would accomplish, but then you'd tell me. :)