The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TJI Brief #8: Nimoy announces results of Search (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1669)

Zeke 06-12-2015 09:43 PM

TJI Brief #8: Nimoy announces results of Search

<p>Four months ago, we lost one of the greats: Leonard Nimoy passed away at the age of 83. You probably noticed the memorial banner I made for the site and forums, but I had something else in mind too, and it's now finished. Hot off the presses, here's This Just In Brief #8: <a href="../thisjustin/b8.html"><b>Nimoy announces results of Search</b></a>.
<p>This is a significant month here at FiveMinute.net -- old-timers should know why -- so stay tuned.
<p>(You may notice a couple of interesting things in that TJI. One is that I've changed the look slightly: there's now a gray outline that should make the text easier to read against the unevenly-coloured background. Been meaning to do that for ages.)

Derek 06-13-2015 02:20 PM

Not familiar with the show, but great tji. Or was it just a moose?

Zeke 06-13-2015 11:23 PM

I've actually never watched a whole episode either, but Wikipedia has synopses of them all. It's really funny how the pages for TV shows don't even try to be uniform. My personal "favourite" has long been the Veronica Mars page, which has an oversized critical reception section that used to consist entirely of gushing quotes in big bold text.

It's a moose. They're all moose.

NAHTMMM 06-17-2015 05:48 PM

I'm too young to remember the series properly, but I do connect Nimoy's voice with it, so yeah.

Quote:

despite considerable effort, This Just In has been unable to prod any major scientists into jumping to a conclusion that might prove incorrect (aside from Neil DeGrasse Tyson, who will not leave us alone).
ROFL

Quote:

"By the way, DeForest and Jimmy send their regards."
I can totally see Doohan sending special "regards" for Shatner and Nimoy simply "forgetting" to pass them along.

Zeke 06-20-2015 07:41 PM

(Psst. Folks.)

(I said there were a couple of things you might notice, then only listed one.)

(HINT.)

Nate the Great 06-21-2015 12:16 PM

Sorry, Z, I'm wearing my anti-hint armor today. Clear directions will be required.

Flying Gremlin 06-22-2015 05:18 PM

A moose bit my sister once.

Wowbagger 06-26-2015 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 80254)
<p>(...there's now a gray outline that should make the text easier to read against the unevenly-coloured background. Been meaning to do that for ages.)

Please contact the Vatican and make them do this, too.

Sa'ar Chasm 06-26-2015 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 80263)
(Psst. Folks.)

(I said there were a couple of things you might notice, then only listed one.)

(HINT.)

Putnam's Prairie Emporium? That show broke the fourth wall more than I do.

Zeke 06-26-2015 08:57 AM

Er, yes. That's not the thing I meant, WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL IMMEDIATELY LOOK FOR BECAUSE SERIOUSLY ARRRGH, but I'm glad someone else had heard of that show. I looked it up out of curiosity a while ago and was startled to find that most of the episodes are currently lost -- one of the few modern shows that's happened to.

NAHTMMM 08-08-2015 11:10 PM

A few desultory guesses turned up nothing, and I was going to spin a few half-witted theories on an empty stomach, but then I engaged my very ovimorphic brain with eggtastic results.

I'm going to say #s 7, 20, and 54 are my favorites. But I giggled at a lot of them. :)

Zeke 08-09-2015 01:43 AM

<font size=+3><b>FINALLY.</b></font>

Ahem.

Sa'ar Chasm 08-09-2015 10:00 PM

If you're going to be extra sneaky, you can't complain when it takes us a while randomly tab around the page.

Edit: It's all gone egg-shaped.