The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Seeking One .... EDIT: PICARD (!!!) Voice Mimic (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=468)

Acky12 07-31-2004 03:47 AM

Seeking One .... EDIT: PICARD (!!!) Voice Mimic

EDIT: It seems the quest to find a Janeway mimic is much harder than originally thought. Therefore I'm hoping to only do a minature rewrite on words and syntax and switch the cameo part for none other than Jean-Luc Picard! Info below is all the same, save switch out Janeway for Picard.

Hi all; you're welcome to just call me Desperate. Or Acky. Or Dex. Any work. At this point, I'd lean toward Desperate.

For the Star Wars / Star Trke crossover fan fiction series that I produce and co-write called Crossed Galaxies, we're seeking to go "above and beyond" as I put it some other fan fiction runs out there by doing more than just fan fiction. One of those ways is an intense, full length, audio drama to tie directly into the rest of the story.

All the parts have finally (!) been cast after a very rough 3 months. Well, all parts except one: Captain Kathryn Janeway, USS Voyager. The part is small - only 4 lines, what I would call a cameo - at the start of the audio drama, but it's a key part...Janeway is the one that delivers the mission and sets the story in motion.

While yes, I *can* rewrite the first several pages of the script, I would prefer not to because I couldn't be more pleased with the script as is. But I'm only giving myself about 2 more weeks before giving up my quest and rewriting.

So the question is, can YOU or SOMEONE you know, pull off a passible Janeway-mimic for 4 lines? If so, please reply to this thread (I'll be watching) or drop me an e-mail at crossedgalaxies@njoe.com

Thank you!

Nic Corelli 07-31-2004 08:59 PM

Heheh. Janeway voice mimic. Heh.

Anyone? Fuyu? PHJ? :twisted:

Ginga 08-01-2004 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nic Corelli
Heheh. Janeway voice mimic. Heh.

Anyone? Fuyu? PHJ? :twisted:

I couldn't do it. I'd never be happy with my performance.

<fangirl moment>*eyes get all shiny* You just can't duplicate perfection.</fangirl moment>

Acky12 08-01-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga

<fangirl moment>*eyes get all shiny* You just can't duplicate perfection.</fangirl moment>

ROTF! Very true!

PointyHairedJedi 08-01-2004 06:13 PM

Quote:

PHJ? :twisted:

Oh, the posibilities... :twisted:

Ginga 08-01-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Quote:

PHJ? :twisted:

Oh, the posibilities... :twisted:

*can't help laughing*

taya17 08-02-2004 02:14 AM

PHJ? Play Janeway?

GAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I can't do the Janeway, I know... of all people, you have to select a person whose voice is nearly impossible to mimic! :D[/b]

PointyHairedJedi 08-02-2004 02:31 PM

Besides, from a purely practical point of view I don't sound nearly gruff or manly enough to mimic Janeway. :P

catalina_marina 08-02-2004 04:32 PM

^Plus you have the worst English accent. :wink:

PointyHairedJedi 08-02-2004 05:12 PM

Could be worse. I could have a Dutch accent. :P

NeoMatrix 08-02-2004 05:21 PM

or an Alien Nazi accent

catalina_marina 08-02-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Could be worse. I could have a Dutch accent. :P

Well, true. But no-one volunteered me anyway. :wink:

Alexia 08-02-2004 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalina_marina

PHJ has the worst English accent? I would have thought his English accent would be quite good, being English 'n all! :wink:

PointyHairedJedi 08-02-2004 06:53 PM

Stop rubbing it in!

Alexia 08-02-2004 07:25 PM

My English accent isn't bad either, for mostly the same reason. My voice isn't really husky enough for Janeway though. I can do the death stare though...and the flirty eye smile thing :mrgreen:

Zeke 08-02-2004 10:04 PM

It would be easy for any of our female forumgoers to do Janeway. A few packs of cigarettes and you're there.

(No, 17, I didn't mean "do Janeway" that way.)

(No, you may not do so anyway.)

Acky12 08-03-2004 12:19 AM

^ What kind of forum are you running here, Zeke??!!? :lol:

Ginga 08-03-2004 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
It would be easy for any of our female forumgoers to do Janeway. A few packs of cigarettes and you're there.

(No, 17, I didn't mean "do Janeway" that way.)

(No, you may not do so anyway.)

*rolls on the floor laughing hysterically*

PointyHairedJedi 08-03-2004 10:37 AM

Oh, 17 might not, but I know a few people who would like to "do" Janeway...

I'm sure they'll come to their senses someday. :D

catalina_marina 08-03-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexia
Quote:

Originally Posted by catalina_marina

PHJ has the worst English accent? I would have thought his English accent would be quite good, being English 'n all! :wink:

*Snicker*