The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Angel Cancelled! - Anger buliding... Rage uncontrollable... (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76)

Andy Taylor 02-15-2004 02:04 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]So, I always wondered what would bring me back to this board; what topic would fuel my interest enough to drag me down from lurker to regular spammer?

Angel cancelled? ARRRRGH! A show has never been cancelled whilst I was watching it first run - until now, that is. Now I know what it feels like for all those Star Trek/Farscape/Firefly/all-those-other-sci-fi/fantasy fans out there - this stinks! :(

I've only been into Angel for about a year, how annoying is this? :swear:

(And by the way, hi to those that may remember me...)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 02-15-2004 02:27 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Andy Taylor... You know I'm sure that name rings a bell...

I agree that it sucks. I haven't actually been following [i:post_uid0]Angel[/i:post_uid0] since season two, but I still think it's a good show, and certainly not one that deserved to be cancelled. It's just yet more proof that the American television networks are run by utter morons.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek 02-15-2004 10:27 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]There is so much I want to say about this -- my thoughts on the show, a eulogy for the show, my thoughts on the WB, my thoughts on the WB's thought of a TV movie/miniseries, etc. -- but I can't really express myself. I'm at a loss for words. Suffice it to say that this is some pretty depressing news.

Maybe I'll be able to say something more about it tomorrow.[/color:post_uid0]

Andy Taylor 02-16-2004 12:42 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hmmm... Angel still lives - I introduced my sister to season 3 tonight, and she's just finished episode 8. :D

I'm still annoyed with this news. What exactly will there be to watch next year? Guess I better start getting interested in some reality TV junk because by this time in 4 or 5 years that's all that's gonna be left at this rate.

At least the show's had a good run. I haven't seen it yet but I look forward to catching Firefly. It's a shame that was cancelled prematurely (well, from what I hear). Guess Whedon's suddenly gonna have a lot of time on his hands. Poor guy.[/color:post_uid0]

Opium 02-16-2004 02:32 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I have to say...Josh Whedon has been going down since made Xander a run-away-groom and Tara dead.

I had started trying to watch Angel when Spike moved to it. (but was rarely home when it was on, oh well) James Marsters is one of the best actors Joss Whedon has, and it sucks that even he couldnt make the show go.

*sigh*

I guess this is an end to Buffyverse that was so cool for so long.[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac 02-16-2004 10:15 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Personally, I prefer that the series is given the opportunity to find closure rather than outright cancellation. While I won't speculate on how future Angel episodes might have looked and I do believe that that most of the dreck that's been renewed could stand being thrown out, set on fire and forevermore forgotten under penalty of law for bringing it up ever again (*deep breath*), I've had many hours of fun and excitement with both Buffy and Angel, and I'm not looking back. Besides, the passing of one great series could mean that another great new series might rise, and I'm perfectly willing to sift through the garbage if there's indeed a jewel to be found.

Gatac

(Besides, less time for TV = more time for writing.)[/color:post_uid0]

Marill 03-10-2004 09:47 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0](Besides, less time for TV = more time for writing.) [/quote:post_uid0]
In theory that doesn't work, less time for TV = more time to waste surfing the net and posting on forums. Oh wait, that's just me :crying:[/color:post_uid0]