The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Question for Miscies (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=887)

Zeke 10-21-2005 08:46 PM

Question for Miscies

Miscellaneous has been our "central" forum for some time. It sees the most traffic by far -- on a good day there are new posts here every time I refresh the main index. So I'm wondering: do you guys usually come through the main index, or do you just come directly to Misc? (I've phrased the poll question in terms of bookmarks, but it generalizes to stuff like Opera/Firefox tabs.)

The reason I'm asking is that I posted the big Firefly conclusion on Wednesday, and so far it seems only three people have noticed....

Michiel 10-21-2005 09:06 PM

My bookmark points to the main forum index, as it does with all forums. Not that I'm a very active member here anymore. So busy, these days.

danieldoof 10-21-2005 09:10 PM

my bookmark also points to the main forum index and I definitely noticed all your posts

I have not posted about serenity yet because I have never seen the series at all :wink:
it didn't air here in germany

NeoMatrix 10-21-2005 09:43 PM

I noticed it, but I don't watch Firefly

e of pi 10-21-2005 10:13 PM

Ditto. And actually, my "bookmark" is a hand-coded HTML link on my hand-coded hard-drive-stored homepage that I didn't update when I got active in the forum. It really still points to 5M.net. But if I ever update it, it'll point to the index.

Celeste 10-22-2005 02:12 AM

I don't ever reply in the Misc. forums cause its all those silly Topic Title game things. :P But hey look! I'm replying in it now. Wooo...

Ginga 10-22-2005 04:41 AM

My bookmark points to the main site. I see the news, I have indeed noticed the Firefly updates, but since I haven't watched it, I can't get anything out of it. :P

Zeke 10-22-2005 04:52 AM

Dude! Why didn't any of you people watch Firefly? It rocked!

Xeroc 10-22-2005 05:02 AM

I read/post at all the fora, so my fora bookmark points to the fora index, but I also monitor all changes to both the main page (5M.net) and the news section, so I always know right away if anything's been updated. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

It never came on where I am!

However, I am in the process of *ahem* acquiring the episodes of the series. So I may yet get to see them soon!

I did however see the movie Serenity, and liked it. :)

PointyHairedJedi 10-22-2005 10:53 AM

I guess I'm the only one that still comes here through the main page then?

Also, did we get many hits from the thread I posed at TrekBBS, Zeke? I considered mentioning it at the Browncoats forums too, but I discovered that my account had been eaten by the Inactivity Goblin.

Chancellor Valium 10-22-2005 03:59 PM

Firefly was never on terrestrial UK TV....

I don't have a bookmark, I just memorised the URL to the forum index....

Alexia 10-22-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
I don't have a bookmark, I just memorised the URL to the forum index....

As have I but that's like SO much extra effort :wink: Bookmark man! Save all that typing :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

Because sadly my parents didn't want to watch it and they controlled the TV :(

But in answer to the main question, I have the main 5MV page bookmarked, religiously check the daily updates for fivers, and check the forums for posts. I just don't always reply, sometimes due to time and sometimes due to not having watched the show.

I haven't had a net connection for what seems like forever so haven't had time to read any of the firefly stuff. I will, despite never having seen it, because fivers are funny. Full stop. They just happen to be funnier when you know why :wink: :mrgreen:

Opium 10-22-2005 11:50 PM

My bookmark goes to the main site. Then I click on the "forums" tab. Then I click on the "miscillaneous" tab. Then I go on to give TMI. :P

I, also, never watched Firefly. I usually start to watch something in its second season, once all the plot/character bugs are taken out. After seeing bits of the first season, I thought it was cool and was planning to watch the second by well... :?

What was I just saying about TMI?

mudshark 10-23-2005 12:59 AM

I also have the main Forum index bookmarked. I did notice the final batch of Fireflyvers, but I've been so far behind that I've only been getting a chance to read one fiver per night, just as I'm falling asleep (should be able to finish tonight.) As for watching Firefly, I gave it a try during the original run, but circumstances were conspiring against my ever being able to sit and watch a complete episode uninterrupted -- I think I caught pieces of 'The Train Job' and 'Our Mrs. Reynolds' -- a deficiency I hope to rectify if things will just settle down to a dull roar, now and then.

Gatac 10-23-2005 08:21 AM

I rarely venture into these stygian depths. Mostly, it boils down to Check Forum - Find new posts in threads that are over 30 pages long - Mark all posts read.

Gatac

Zeke 10-23-2005 11:02 AM

I recommend not watching Serenity without some background in the show -- the movie pretty much requires it, and you certainly get more out of it that way. I only watched a couple of episodes in first-run, but to prepare for this event, I caught up on the rest by reading transcripts. (Like Farscape, Whedon shows have good transcript sites.) The transcript links on the fivers work, so you might consider doing that if you didn't watch the show. Of course, I still plan to watch the episodes eventually... next time I can afford a DVD set, Firefly is first on my list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Also, did we get many hits from the thread I posed at TrekBBS, Zeke? I considered mentioning it at the Browncoats forums too, but I discovered that my account had been eaten by the Inactivity Goblin.

Yeah, about 5% of our hits were coming from there during the event. Many thanks. And someone did link us at Browncoats -- you'd have to register again to see it, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexia
the main 5MV page

Oh, you're a sneaky one.

Alexia 10-23-2005 12:16 PM

Sneaky is best :mrgreen: What can I say? I don't cope well with change :wink:

KillerGodMan 10-27-2005 01:01 AM

I don't even HAVE a bookmark to the forums, I just type "fiveminute" in the address bar and access the forums from the main site.

Vedra 10-27-2005 03:26 AM

Well, my bookmark points to the main 5MV website, and then I just log into the forums from there. My posting recently is spotty at best, so I either need to keep a window with the forums open or change my bookmarks. I don't post very often because of memory, not because I'm tired of it or that I dislike anybody here.

Scooter 10-28-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarn-Vedra
Well, my bookmark points to the main 5MV website, and then I just log into the forums from there.

Ditto.