The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   June 30: 10LC Part 3 (XAW, Day 5) (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1570)

Zeke 06-30-2010 06:50 AM

June 30: 10LC Part 3 (XAW, Day 5)

It's a Derekstravaganza! Today he brings us not one but two items:
<ul><li>First, it's <b><a href="../features/tenlittlecomedians3.php">Ten Little Comedians, Part 3</a></b>, in which the body count's risin' and everyone's dyin' to know, oh Santa why? (Wait, that might be something else.)
<li>Top 10 lists, of course, fit our theme automatically. Here's Derek with <b><a href="../top10/105.html">The Top 10 Reasons for FiveMinute.net's Inactivity Over the Last Few Years</a></b>. (I can't believe I'm posting <a href="../top10/16.html">another</a> one of these...)</ul>
Be here tomorrow for something not even the Spanish Inquisition is expecting!

evay 06-30-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Zeke: (pulling a paper out from under the farmer) Hey look. He bought the farm!
Okay, I should have seen that one coming and didn't, which makes it even funnier.

Quote:

All of 5M.net's time and effort went into building a <b>Soon</b>-type android
that's either a very clever pun or the most hilarious typo you've ever made.

Sa'ar Chasm 06-30-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Okay, I should have seen that one coming and didn't, which makes it even funnier.
That was my response, except with more screaming.

Quote:

Scooter: The fact there's still only five us still bothers me.

Derek: Well, there are ten of us in base 5.

Zeke: And a HUNDRED of us in base square root of 5.

Sa'ar: A hundred? There's no way they can kill us all off!
Hah! I'll pretend I know what that means!

Quote:

Sa'ar: Besides, the UK isn't on the euro.
I'd just like to say that this little piece of know-it-all showoffishness is completely in character for me.

Quote:

Chaff: Hey, I'm an expert on a show where robots and humans can have viable offspring. What would I know about any of that?

Sa'ar: I think I tried defenestrating the wrong guy.
*snigger* I don't get to do enough defenestrating.

Quote:

Zeke: You know, it just occurred to me that there haven't been any more deaths since the butler. We may be able to all make it out alive.

Other Staffers: Zeke!

Zeke: What?

IJD: You just jinxed us!
You idiot! You changed the odds by mentioning them! We're dealing with Heisenberg Probability, obviously.

Quote:

This needed quoting again. Urge to kill: rising.

Quote:

Derek: Man, I love those movies. Like Back to the Future I and Back to the Future II and... and...

Martin: Back to the Future III?

Derek: YES! That one!
Hah! That earned a full guffaw the first time I read it.

Quote:

Sa'ar: It doesn't matter. It wasn't me!
The gun is missing! Whoever has the gun shot the girl!

No, wait.

Quote:

Kriegsgräber: Enough! I've had enough of your inanity! Clearly you are just playing the fools to distract us from the fact that you have masterminded this whole situation and are killing us off one by one!

Zeke: Now that is just an outright lie!
Yeah! We aren't playing at anything!

Nice job, Derek.

NAHTMMM 06-30-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Zeke: We need more time to figure out what, if anything, we know, but once we do we will tell all of you.
At this point, if this were an actual Agatha Christie novel, I'd write Zeke off as the next victim.

Really liked Scooter's bits in the opening scene and Sa'ar's scene with the window.

Quote:

*headdesk* I spent nearly the entire farmer scene waiting for a bad pun. I should have known better than to let up my guard with Derek. :p

Funny Top 10 List and disclaimer, too.

Nate the Great 06-30-2010 11:10 PM

What in the world is a "Soon"-type android? ;)

Sa'ar Chasm 07-01-2010 01:32 AM

We'll let you know...presently.

Zeke 07-01-2010 01:45 AM

<a href="http://www.fiveminute.net/thisjustin/21.html">How Soon they forget!</a>

Derek 07-01-2010 02:13 AM

Oops. Sorry, Zeke. Didn't realize I was stealing one of your jokes, though it did seem to me amazing that nobody had made the Soon-type android jokes before.

Zeke 07-01-2010 03:53 AM

Actually, that TJI was by Marc. (It's a favourite of mine.) I actually thought you were referencing it on purpose.

The joke was probably just in your head from previous readings. I've done that before -- using a joke I only vaguely remembered and thus thought I'd come up with myself.

Sa'ar Chasm 07-01-2010 01:32 PM

There's one like that in my 10LC segment. Hey, kids, see if you can find it.

voyager0929 07-04-2010 12:47 AM

Much like many of the characters in this tale, the suspense is killing me! Can't wait to read the next installment.

Zeke 07-05-2010 04:31 AM

Hope you all had a happy Canada Day and Fourth of July! Between the holidays and preparing for my annual math camp, updates have had to come second, but the next one's almost ready. (It's also one of the centrepieces of this event. When we chose the theme, this is one of the first things I knew had to be included.)

In the meantime, keep posting, everybody! I was thrilled when so many people came back, but since then the place has been quiet again. C'mon, stick around, make some threads, have fun!

Andy Taylor 07-06-2010 12:23 PM

I'm still here, honest...

*runs back from wherever I was quickly*

Seriously though, how can I not still be around with the abbreviation 'XAW' doing the rounds? It has panache and sounds like a karate chop.

PointyHairedJedi 07-06-2010 08:54 PM

My money is on a time-traveling Agatha Christie being behind it all.

Enjoying it, thus far!