The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Five-Minute Stargate (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   5M Stargate? (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1455)

Thia 03-12-2008 02:16 AM

5M Stargate?

Does anyone happen to have a link to the Stargate Fivers, or has the site simply died?

Nate the Great 03-12-2008 05:15 AM

Having tried on several occassions to find it, I feel that I can state with a minimal margin for error that yes, Five-Minute Stargate is dead. Only Nan has the complete archive of fivers.

PointyHairedJedi 03-14-2008 05:01 PM

I shall enquire the next time I can get a hold of her on ICQ.

Nate the Great 03-14-2008 08:38 PM

That'd be nice. Just send them to Zeke so they can get lost in the Soon stack.

Zeke 04-03-2008 10:01 AM

Hmm, I missed this thread. For the record, Nan is not the only one with the "complete archive of fivers"; 5MSG is hosted here, after all. I'm not sure where it went, actually. The pages are still there, but you can't browse to them. I'll let you know when I find out what that's about.

Nate the Great 04-03-2008 09:35 PM

Did not know that. I thought Nan had moved everything from the subsidiary site to her own (Geocities?) site or something.

Nate the Great 03-26-2011 08:03 PM

http://www.yasni.com/ext.php?url=htt...ther&showads=1

Yeah, that's weird.

Zeke 03-27-2011 02:04 AM

Huh. How did you even find that?

Nate the Great 03-27-2011 01:02 PM

I forget, but I also found our section over at the Virtual Season Six site:

http://h2smsk.com/vs6/main.htm

I don't think that's all of 'em, but we really should get all the fivers back under one roof if possible. These sister sites seem to be even deader than we are. Perhaps we should even extend invitations to the other webheads to return home as regular fivists with less of a time commitment than running an entire site.

(Yeah, and Five-Minute Buffy is pretty dead too:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/randomf.../buffy5er.html

They're still using the old logo and site name for us, too!)

Wowbagger 04-19-2011 04:08 AM

I'm surprised those sites are still up and accessible. Way to hunt them down.

If nothing else, reintegrating them into 5MV would give us a few weeks of regular "new" content.

I'm afraid, though, that I gave Zeke a heart attack and he died. Nothing on April Fool's Day -- that actually surprised me.

Nate the Great 04-19-2011 04:37 AM

Yeah, I want to consolidate all fivers back to this site if we're running out of people who can code this stuff.

Flying Gremlin 07-16-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate the Great (Post 78153)
Yeah, I want to consolidate all fivers back to this site if we're running out of people who can code this stuff.

Sorry to necro (another thread), but did this project die?

Zeke 07-17-2015 12:54 AM

Nope. Still got the stuff. Nan (who I considered a very close friend) basically told me to go to hell over politics a few years ago, so dealing with 5MSG is frankly not a big priority, but it's on the list.

Wowbagger 11-04-2015 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 80299)
Nan (who I considered a very close friend) basically told me to go to hell over politics a few years ago

I really hate it when that happens. This is why all my political posts on Facebook are now opt-in only.

Flying Gremlin 12-23-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Nan (who I considered a very close friend) basically told me to go to hell over politics a few years ago

I've been there. Nice place. Thinking of buying a condo overlooking the River of Pain.

Ginga 06-01-2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Nope. Still got the stuff. Nan (who I considered a very close friend) basically told me to go to hell over politics a few years ago, so dealing with 5MSG is frankly not a big priority, but it's on the list.

Wow, this helped me figure out who Nan was. I had no idea. Interestingly, she's friends with one of my best friends, and every time I see her, I think of what happened between you both.

I hope one day you're able to revisit 5MSG, though. Replace those bad feelings and think of how happy it would make Ginga to read some Stargate fivers! Still no? Oh, all right...

Zeke 09-19-2017 10:43 PM

Hmm. After my site searches kept turning up 5MSG pages, it occurred to me that the index page might still be around, and indeed it is. The format is a little weird -- the episode titles look like links but aren't. You have to click on the little icons of the writers' names.

I still ought to get it <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">probably</span>properly linked up with the main site, but here's a way to get at the fivers in the meantime. Enjoy! I assume. I've never watched the show.

Nate the Great 09-20-2017 12:32 AM

Whoa. That's a blast from the past.

PNQ: Am I the only one who winces a bit reading their old fivers?

I mean, the "me" when I wrote those was a different person than the "me" now. Of course I'd write the fivers differently if I was doing it today. Maybe one day I can rewrite them for the forum here.

Zeke 09-20-2017 02:06 AM

Oh man. I know what you mean so hard. You have NO IDEA how bad I cringe at my old stuff (and I have both more and older stuff than anybody). I've heard the same from others like Sa'ar and Wowbagger. It's pretty universal for artists of any kind -- your early work looks silly, pretentious, or both when you look back.

But the fans never think so! They always like the early stuff more than you do. That's why so many bands are stuck endlessly playing their first couple of big hits until they come to despise them. Mercifully, there's no real fiver-writing equivalent of that... mostly. I was complaining to Wowbagger the other day that "Ludicrous Speed" just embarrasses me now, but I know I could never get away with ditching it...

evay 09-20-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 81004)
I was complaining to Wowbagger the other day that "Ludicrous Speed" just embarrasses me now, but I know I could never get away with ditching it...

why would it embarrass you? It references Spaceballs. That's still a hilarious movie.