The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   April 2 (5M^_^) (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1529)

Nate the Great 08-24-2009 09:01 PM

It might be time to at least change the front page to "yes, I know it's SEPTEMBER."

Wowbagger 09-10-2009 07:10 AM

We of Excelsior just released the April Fool's Day Episode. We have officially beaten Zeke to the April Fool's Day punch.

Clearly, we knew whom to pick as our competition.

Hah!

Nate the Great 10-04-2009 03:39 AM

Can I ask what the point is in releasing April Fool's events on any day other than April first (or maybe a day either way if you want to be sneaky)? Seriously, I NEED TO KNOW.

NAHTMMM 10-06-2009 01:28 AM

Maybe they're picked early and need extra time to ripen?

Wowbagger 10-11-2009 06:17 PM

Everyone expects AFD jokes to be in April. This way you can really get the drop on the suckers!

Nate the Great 10-11-2009 10:47 PM

That's why I included a day either way. But any day other than March 31st-April 2nd is not April Fools Day. At all.

Zeke 10-13-2009 04:21 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful that (1) anybody is still here, (2) I'm starting to see the light at the end of various tunnels, and (3) despite my having accomplished nothing with the site since April, no one has awarded me the Nobel Peace Prize for it.

To tide you guys over, here's something I've been meaning to link for a while. Those who follow my LJ have seen it already, which is one more reason to follow my LJ. It's a little something I whipped up after watching the new Trek movie: Live Long and Oops. (Full spoilers for the movie.)

Grayvorn 11-09-2009 02:02 PM

Nice one Zeke, pretty fuuny! :)

Zeke 12-09-2009 10:14 PM

TOMORROW.

Yes, I'm serious. Yes, I've got the stuff. Be here.

Wowbagger 12-10-2009 01:38 PM

And here I was sure you were going to end it all in a great big April 1, 2010 climax, thus completing 5MV's FIRST EVER year-long event!

I be here. Pumped, even.

Zeke 12-11-2009 05:49 PM

Year-long event? Hmm, that's not such a --

NO! Must not get tempted. Something came up yesterday, but I have got the stuff, dammit. Gimme a couple of hours.

Nate the Great 12-11-2009 09:35 PM

Wowee, the tenth passed, and NOTHING HAPPENED! Color me shocked!

Cap'n! the Sarcasm-O-Meter is about to blow! She can'nae take it anymore!

Zeke 12-12-2009 04:54 AM

Nate, I would say you're not helping with a post like that, but it would be rather like accusing the ocean of not being dry.

I was not up to doing site work yesterday. This was annoying because I really wanted, and intended, to make the update (hence my putting a date on it, which is a habit I've been trying to break). I'm making it now.

Giving me a hard time here is never gonna make anything better.

evay 12-14-2009 08:25 PM

Nate, be nice to Zeke. Don't make me turn this car around.

Nate the Great 12-14-2009 10:22 PM

I think that it is a reasonable expectation to expect something to occur tomorrow when a person says that something will occur tomorrow. This is not rocket science.

And sue me if I feel that the time spent writing a "something will happen soon, I promise" post could be better spent doing something else that you'd have to do tomorrow, so that these little slivers of time could add up to a chunk large enough to actually do something productive with.

I have never held the proverbial gun to Zeke's head and made him give promises in concrete units of time. All I have ever "demanded" is for Zeke to make sure to post that he's given up and the site will no longer be updated. (And maybe return the main page to it's standard appearance).

If Zeke chooses to say things like "TOMORROW" and "Gimme a couple of hours" I expect the right to make sarcastic comments when those timespans have elapsed with nothing happening.