The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Star Trek Enterprise - Affliction part 1 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=666)

Celeste 02-19-2005 03:34 PM

Star Trek Enterprise - Affliction part 1

Okay, so I just watched last nights Enterprise. Wheeee was that good. *this* is what I expected from Enterprise from the begining. I want to see the explinations and answers to questions raised in the other series. Fluff up the Star Trek universe a bit. That's why I watch the show anyway. I love the universe Roddenberry created! What a great explinations for the Klingon ridges, and the Klingon scenes with Phlox were hilarious. I loved the targ!

Anyway, why can't we get more episodes like these? Stupid UPN.

Derek 02-19-2005 06:47 PM

That was impressive combining Section 31, Klingon forehead ridges, and the Augments stuff into one episode. And it was done very cleverly and believably too.

(Well, okay, I assume it's Section 31, since they didn't give us a name, but it certainly seemed like it was them.)

MaverickZer0 02-19-2005 08:20 PM

It was a precursor to S31, I think. Section 31's goal is to safeguard the Federation at all costs. As there is no Fedration yet it would have to be a precursor, but let's call them Section 31 anyways because it sounds cool.

I always knew something was up with Malcolm.

richardson 02-19-2005 08:35 PM

figures. They always show up at the WORST possible timing. talk about bad luck.

MaverickZer0 02-19-2005 11:48 PM

Eh. I happen to like S31. ANd tehir timing wasn't all that bad, but Archer kind screwed it up. He's got a bad Janeway complex for those sorts of things.

richardson 02-20-2005 12:06 AM

section 31 is an affront to all things good, they always screw things over somehow.

ijdgaf 02-20-2005 02:33 AM

I think it's possible you can call them Section 31 at this point. They may not be safeguarding the Federation yet, but it's not too far a stretch to say that their original goals involved safeguarding Earth and only Earth.

Since Starfleet transferred to the Federation with few changes, I'd imagine Section 31 could do the same.

And this episode I absolutely LOVED. Like, um... this entire season (save for "Storm Front" and "Daedalus"). Yeah, I'm a TOS fan....

Celeste 02-20-2005 02:54 AM

I don't even *like* TOS and I find myself wanting to look up those epsisodes just so I can futher understand the sbutlties of Enterprises plots.

MaverickZer0 02-20-2005 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardson
section 31 is an affront to all things good, they always screw things over somehow.

No, you're just thinking of Sloane. Somehow I wouldn't group Malcolm with him.

admiral sab 02-20-2005 08:38 PM

I finally got to see it all the way through and I really enjoyed it. Yeah I laughed when Malcolm said "I thought I was no longer with the section" or whatever. And I loved the whole Klingon forehead ridge explanation. It kinda makes sense in a weird way.

richardson 02-20-2005 09:49 PM

and archer is getting it next episode, and the enterprise gets captured! Likely with the columbia showing up and handing the klingons their collective ass on a silver photon torpedo.