The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So here's my announcement (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1511)

Derek 06-12-2008 06:47 PM

So here's my announcement

I'm going to have a baby!

Quark: I thought your females carried your young.

Thanks, Quark. Yes, my wife. My wife is having the baby.

Worf: NOW?

No, about seven months. (mid-January)

Worf: Seven months, you say? Unfortunately, I will be away from the station at that time. ... Far away. Visiting my parents. ... On Earth.

Um, Worf? I'm on Earth.

Worf: Yes. Well, ... excuse me. (bolts)

Anyway, so there's my exciting announcement. Bets may be placed on gender, name, and whether or not it will have forehead ridges.

whoiam 06-12-2008 07:01 PM

hmm... My money's on Female + Ridges. No bet on the name.

Sa'ar Chasm 06-12-2008 10:16 PM

Male, James T. Luke Kal-el Indiana Dean, and the ridges depend on how close the nearest toxic waste dump is.

Nate the Great 06-12-2008 10:32 PM

Yeah, um, didn't even know you were married...

Sheesh, we are getting so OLD!

The middle name should be Tiberius if it's a boy.

Chancellor Valium 06-13-2008 12:45 AM

^Really and truly, don't follow Nate's advice. Tiberius was... not a nice fellow.

Congratulations!

I wager on the name Joseph Peter Paul Andrew James John Thomas James Philip Bartholomew Matthew Simon Jude Linus Cletus Clement Sixtus Cornelius Cyprian Lawrence Chryosgonus John Paul Cosmas Damian Dean if it's a boy.

If a girl, I'm guessing Tracy.

Sa'ar Chasm 06-13-2008 01:02 AM

David Evan Roger Ernest Keith Dean if it's a boy, and B...screw it, I'm not spelling out "Blueberry" in girls names.

MmeBlueberry 06-13-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate the Great (Post 76600)
Yeah, um, didn't even know you were married...

Sheesh, we are getting so OLD!

It's worse than you think - Derek's been married for nearly five and a half years. (So have I, for that matter.)

If anyone wants to see it, here's the ultrasound. I think it's too early to distinguish forehead ridges, but the kid definitely looks alien at this point. ;)

Zeke 06-13-2008 07:20 AM

!!!!!

This is joyous news. I couldn't be happier for the two of you. You'll be wonderful parents.

Barkeep, a round for the whole house on me!

Derek 06-13-2008 11:51 AM

^ Woah! Five exclamation marks in a row! My world is unmade!

(Thanks, Zeke)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium (Post 76601)
I wager on the name Joseph Peter Paul Andrew James John Thomas James Philip Bartholomew Matthew Simon Jude Linus Cletus Clement Sixtus Cornelius Cyprian Lawrence Chryosgonus John Paul Cosmas Damian Dean if it's a boy.

I like the way the name John and James are in there twice (though I get why there are two Johns). And thanks for leaving out Judas.

Though honestly I'm kinda thinking no on the James name. Either I'll be naming him after James Dean or Jimmy Dean (and Jimmy could be either the singer or the brand name).

Nate the Great 06-13-2008 12:27 PM

How about a middle name of Endicott in honor of Barclay?

mudshark 06-13-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 76596)

Worf: NOW?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...laughing02.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium (Post 76601)

If a girl, I'm guessing Tracy.

I'll vote for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MmeBlueberry (Post 76605)
If anyone wants to see it, here's the ultrasound. I think it's too early to distinguish forehead ridges, but the kid definitely looks alien at this point. ;)

Vulcan salute? Difficult to make out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 76607)
I like the way the name John and James are in there twice (though I get why there are two Johns). And thanks for leaving out Judas.

I think Judas may be omitted from the text, but also Thaddeus?

Quote:

(and Jimmy could be... the brand name).
Hot 'n' Spicy?

Congratulations, you two.

Chancellor Valium 06-13-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudshark (Post 76610)
I think Judas may be omitted from the text, but also Thaddeus?

Judas isn't in the text, no - and the name Thaddeus is also generally swapped out for Jude - owing to the old tradition that they were the same person, I'd assume.

The second James might be to account for either James the Less or the Son of Alphaeus, depending.

Nate the Great 06-13-2008 09:05 PM

Of course, instead of Bartholemew you could use Nathaniel. John 1:47. They're generally considered the same guy.

PointyHairedJedi 06-13-2008 09:20 PM

Sapristi sapristi! That's fantastic news!

The real question is, what will be the baby's account name be here on the board? It's never to early to start them off! :D

NAHTMMM 06-15-2008 10:49 PM

Not sure whether I said anything on LJ or not, so I'll say Congratulations! :D here and now. :)

Tate 06-17-2008 06:06 AM

Congratulations, you three! (Don't want to leave the baby out of the congratulations.) :)

As for the name, I'll speculate that it will not be Eustace Clarence Dean. Just a hunch.

Chancellor Valium 06-17-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tate (Post 76652)

As for the name, I'll speculate that it will not be Eustace Clarence Dean. Just a hunch.

That joke is really scrubbing the bottom of the barrell...

Nate the Great 06-17-2008 09:05 PM

Might as well clean out the bottom of that barrel. Abby C. Dean. Does everyone feel better now? ;)

PointyHairedJedi 06-17-2008 10:38 PM

Wondergirl McAwesome III!

You'll want a different name if it turns out to be a girl, of course.

Derek 06-18-2008 12:42 AM

^ We were thinking of Bob the Wonder Llama if it's a girl.