The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Topic Title (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1567)

Ginga 07-09-2010 09:40 PM

Comment about how much she is not enjoying job-hunting.

Edit to express cockiness over being first on the new page.

PointyHairedJedi 07-10-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evay (Post 77837)
Quote from evay

Reply to quote from evay, sans cheese references (with cryptic acknowledgement of such, worded so as to hint as to why).

evay 07-10-2010 04:56 PM

Admiration of PHJ's subtle response. Visual pause before punchline. Request for cheese pie.

PointyHairedJedi 07-13-2010 08:51 PM

Denial of request. Short statement on the glorious nature and of and desirability of submitting to the Hypnotoad, with appropriate link.

Nate the Great 07-13-2010 09:48 PM

Heavy sigh that this is still going on. Face in palms, a little desperate muttering.

evay 07-13-2010 11:27 PM

Proud statement of refusal to click on link, with allusion to Worf's famous line resisting the Borg in the conclusion of TNG's first cliffhanger. Comparison of the toad to the Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka.

Brief lamentation that PHJ has no fondness for cheese pie. Meta-comment describing this poster leaving the computer to look up recipe for banana cream pie, with intention to bake and consume same in an attempt at self-solace.

PointyHairedJedi 07-15-2010 08:26 AM

Onomatopoeic text indicative of more evil laughter.

Zeke 07-15-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate the Great (Post 77869)
Quoted text.

Lack of surprise. Reminder of previous thread's longevity.

Edit by PointyHairedJedi: attempt at joke based on above in obvious move to deflect attention away from gratuitous abuse of moderator powers.

PointyHairedJedi 07-15-2010 08:48 PM

Further indication of evil laughter, hastily stifled into innocent whistling.

Zeke 07-15-2010 09:27 PM

Horror.

Sa'ar Chasm 07-16-2010 12:29 AM

Lack of meaningful contribution, save statement of acquisition of demi-centurial post.

evay 07-16-2010 01:15 AM

Expression of boredom with evil laughter. Explanation that evil laughter has apppeared in <i>n</i> of PHJ's posts, which is <i>n</i>-1 too many. Petulant reiteration of desire for PHJ to express some evil emotion other than amusement.

Expression of confusion over the meaning of "demi-centurial post." Recounting of failed attempts to link the phrase to Sa'ar's post count on this forum, some symbolic position in a <i>Star Trek</i> fan club which has taken on Romulan personae, or Sa'ar's posited membership in the Society for Creative Anachronisms (focus era: 50 BCE).

Sa'ar Chasm 07-16-2010 02:14 AM

Clarification: demi-centurial reply in Topic Title (but not, apparently, demi-centurial post).

MmeBlueberry 07-16-2010 07:58 PM

Reference to Hitler.

evay 07-16-2010 08:14 PM

Meta-description of rolled eyes at poorly-attempted Godwin. Link to YouTube clip of <i>A Bit of Fry & Laurie</i> sketch with Fry as a captured British agent who falls instantly in love with Laurie's Nazi interrogator.

PointyHairedJedi 07-16-2010 09:22 PM

Attempt to convey a sense of evil sadness for the benefit of evay, concluding in acknowledgement of failure to successfully do so. Return to evil laughter, and reference to "the little green pills".

Oblique jump from previous posters' mention of Godwin to observation that several holy texts would be improved (with various hyperbolic adjectives for emphasis) with the inclusion of internet slang.

NAHTMMM 07-16-2010 09:24 PM

Disturbingly dead-on impression of "evil drowsiness".

Non-mention of the usage of a nearby cat as a model.

evay 07-17-2010 01:55 AM

Expression of gratitude to PHJ for the attempt.

Sad comment on passing of Cat #2 last month, who was elderly and beginning to suffer from a number of ailments. (Parenthetical aside commenting that this poster's brother also had an elderly cat who died two weeks after Cat #2, of natural causes.) A few affectionate statements listing her better qualities. A funny anecdote about her. A note that she is buried next to her sister, Cat #1, who died two years prior. Conclusion noting that we still have Cat #3, so we are not completely feline-deprived.

Katy Jane 07-17-2010 03:14 AM

Comment about how glad she is that her kennel week is almost over and she has time for the computer again. Further note that she is exhausted and should go to bed.

post script about how no one should be completely feline-deprived complete with citing of scientific study.

MmeBlueberry 07-17-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Jane (Post 77894)
Quote of previous poster's postscript (parenthetical comment about humor found in "poster's postscript").

Lament about allergies.