The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So, I changed a lightbulb today. (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=541)

Michiel 09-27-2004 07:27 AM

So, I changed a lightbulb today.

I stood on my bed, with a spare lightbulb on the table. I screwed out the old lightbulb, stepped off my bed, took the new lightbulb, got on my bed again and screwed it in.

Sa'ar Chasm 09-27-2004 01:59 PM

That answers that question.

Chancellor Valium 09-27-2004 03:37 PM

what a useless topic :D

Katy Jane 09-27-2004 03:51 PM

This really should be moved to the lighting section.

Celeste 09-27-2004 06:24 PM

I gots bad grammer

PointyHairedJedi 09-27-2004 10:49 PM

Ahh, but what kind of fitting is it though? Are we talking a bayonet or screw fitting? It really does make all the difference you know.

By the way, I think you'll find the correct technical term is "lamp". ;)

Xeroc 09-27-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Jane
This really should be moved to the lighting section.

Do we even have a "lighting" section?

This is a Star-Trek Fiver Forum after all!

Katy Jane 09-27-2004 11:29 PM

Well we should have a lighting section. :p ;)

Opium 09-28-2004 07:57 AM

Perhaps we should have a stage-and-screen lighting section. However, if you change a lightbulb in a stage or TV/movie light, you can not touch the lightbulb itself, as the oils on your fingers get transferred to the bulb, and when the bulb heats up...BOOM. So you must use a papertowel or glove to change stage lights or TV/movie lights.

Nic Corelli 09-28-2004 11:10 PM

This shouldn`t be moved to a lighting section at all, and if you think it should, you suck. :twisted:

Hotaru 09-29-2004 12:45 AM

I believe that a change to the Lighting section is totaly unwarrented. This belongs here, where more people can see it. Or possibly in the instructional section...

Chancellor Valium 09-29-2004 09:52 AM

I think there should be a Goat's Cheese section. *Everyone else stares* What? I just happen to like goat's cheese, thats all. :?

PointyHairedJedi 09-29-2004 05:52 PM

Wattage, man! It's vital that we know the wattage!

Chancellor Valium 09-29-2004 07:44 PM

Chronotons! Were chronotons present, causing the bulb to prematurely age?

Michiel 09-29-2004 08:18 PM

I think chronotons would cause the bulb to get younger, since they travel backwards in time. However, wouldn't that cause the bulb to unscrew itself and fall off the ceiling?

And I agree with the goat's cheese section idea. We definately need one of those.

Nan 09-30-2004 12:55 AM

I also changed some lightbulbs. Yesterday. :D

NAHTMMM 09-30-2004 01:12 AM

Our lab was discussing changing one of those noooo-touchee halogen bulbs Opium mentioned this very day, believe it or not. :?

Opium 09-30-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Our lab was discussing changing one of those noooo-touchee halogen bulbs Opium mentioned this very day, believe it or not.
Last year in stagecraft, I was doing really well, and then one day...well...I was being really careful not to touch any of the bulbs we were changing (the class was cleaning all the 100+ light fixtures in the theatre) and I sort of ended up tugging the bulb out with a paper towell, and hitting the bulb on the wall. OOOOOps. :? The prof wasn't impressed. Only one in the whole class to break a bulb... :idea:

I think this definently needs its own subsection, linked into the Misc forum, so it will get the attention and the special place it deserves.

If we get a goatcheese section, will we also get a pie section? How about a recipe section in general? Or why don't we call up Martha Stewart and see if as, a community service (because she probably needs CS hours right now) she will host a whole 5Mrecipe subsection/forum for us?

Hotaru 10-01-2004 01:35 AM

I would LOVE a forum hosted by Martha Stewart.

Martha: As you can see, cat, if you put some fresh flowers in your secret cave of DOOM, then when you kill random forum goers they don't feel so bad.
cat: You are so right.
Martha: And Zeke, things go faster with a touch of cinnamon, don't they?
Zeke: I love you, Martha.
Martha: Opium, don't you love this nifty love the color scheme I custom made for you?
Opium: Yes, I do!
Martha: And we can all visit 5-Minute voyager on the computers I made for you out of dryer lint and left over meatloaf!

Martha-hosted forums, they're a good thing.

Katy Jane 10-01-2004 01:51 AM

^ROFLMAO :mrgreen:

erm... I mean, Can we keep this on topic please. :P