The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 25 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=868)

Zeke 09-26-2005 12:21 AM

September 25

As it happens, we're also way overdue for a 5MVG update -- and this time IJD himself delivers the goods. Here's the classic Game Boy game <a href="../videogames/kirbysdreamland.html">Kirby's Dream Land</a>.

Derek 09-26-2005 01:14 AM

Quote:

Shotzo: Oh yeah? Well I'm invincible. PowPowPow! (pause) PowPowPow! (pause)
Kirby: Invincible, yet tragically rhythmic.
A fitting summary for a number of villains in a number of games.

Alexia 09-26-2005 07:07 AM

Damn, you quoted my favourite quote already! :roll: I'll go with:-

Quote:

Kirby: You'd think that you guys would learn not to use weapons that I can eat and spit back.
King Dedede: You'd think so.
xD

Very nice IJD! I love VG fivers :mrgreen:

PointyHairedJedi 09-26-2005 09:45 AM

Kirby was a drunken Communist revolutionary with an oral fixation? You know, somehow I never really saw it quite like that before.

IJD, I thank you for opening my eyes!

ijdgaf 09-27-2005 02:49 AM

You never saw the oral fixation part?

Dear God man, are you blind?

;)

mudshark 09-27-2005 03:47 AM

Quote:

King Dedede: Nicely done, Kirby! But before you face me, you must once again face all the bosses from before!
Whispy Woods: But... but...
Kaboola: (sob)
Kracko: Aw.
Lololo: #%@!
Okay, think I'm detecting a pattern ... :lol:

PointyHairedJedi 09-27-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijdgaf
You never saw the oral fixation part?

Dear God man, are you blind?

;)

I have a shameful confession to make - my entire experience of te Kirby games consists of about twenty minutes playing one of them over a decade ago. :oops:

MaverickZer0 09-28-2005 12:48 AM

KIRBY!

*looks around*
*snatches Kirby*
*runs*

Just so long as he doesn't inhale my blaster, I'm happy.

Wowbagger 09-28-2005 04:10 AM

A little on the reference-heavy side... but that's not a problem for those of us who pick up KDL from time to time right up to this day! Thanks, IJD!

Quote:

Kirby: I picked a hell of a day to stop drinking.
:) :) :)

Doo-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-daa-dee-doo-doo-doo-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-daa-dee-doo-doo-doo-dee-dee-doo-dee-dee-daa-dee-doo-daa-dai-dai-day-doo-dee-daa-DAA!

ijdgaf 09-28-2005 06:44 AM

Whoa! There *is* a knowledgeable audience! Woo!

By the by, I feel no shame turning this post into an ad for the DS title.

Anyone who has a DS but does not have Kirby: Canvas Curse is doing their system a serious disservice.

Anyone who does not have a DS should be consulting Santa Claus as we speak.

;)

PointyHairedJedi 09-28-2005 10:41 AM

DS... DS...

That's that cheap knock-off of the PSP, right? :P

whoiam 09-28-2005 10:52 AM

No, that's the two-screened half-PDA thingy Nintendo released. It can't be a knock off of a PSP, as the PSP looks like something designed by someone neither drunk nor stoned:P

Kristina 09-28-2005 11:18 AM

I must plead ignorance to Kirby, but after reading the fiver and enjoying it all the same, I got an extra kick out of the disclaimer:

Quote:

A lot of stuff in here is copyrighted by -- (GULP) (PTUI)

ijdgaf 09-28-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
DS... DS...

Hardly.

Damn, I thought the heckle-at-the-DS phase had been over since, oh, right about the time the DS starting selling twice as many units as the PSP in worldwide sales.

Zeke 09-28-2005 12:02 PM

And it's now five times as many, right? I wonder if that has anything to do with the DS being way more interesting and not costing your life savings?

Hotaru 09-28-2005 02:37 PM

I have a psp, and I have to say psp > ds :D

Internet access, movies, games, music, pictures. It's got it all.

Sa'ar Chasm 09-28-2005 02:57 PM

PSP? DS? Is this like a Game Boy or a Nintendo?

*runs away and hides with other cyber-Luddites*

Chancellor Valium 09-28-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijdgaf
Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
DS... DS...

Hardly.

Damn, I thought the heckle-at-the-DS phase had been over since, oh, right about the time the DS starting selling twice as many units as the PSP in worldwide sales.

THE MAJORITY IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!

Mhm. Apologies for over-doing that.

PointyHairedJedi 09-28-2005 05:21 PM

Fer instance, Tonly Blair keeps winning elections. Bastard.

To be prerfectly honest, I don't actually want to buy either - the only reason I bought a GameBoy Pocket way back when was so that I could play Pokemon (and because it was very cheap). It currently resides in a drawer gathering dust (mainly because I can't be bothered to buy a new battery pack for it, if they even still make them). My PS2 and my PC between them fulfill all my gaming needs, so I don't feel the need to spend money on any other systems that I probably won't use after the first twelve months.

I will have to buy a mobile phone at some point though, a fact that I am supremely annoyed about.

ijdgaf 09-28-2005 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotaru
I have a psp, and I have to say psp > ds :D

Internet access, movies, games, music, pictures. It's got it all.

Well, not so much "games".

Seriously, the PSP is a great gadget. It does all sorts of really cool things. Except for the one thing it was designed for, of course. Developers seem to be shying away from it. Which is damn ironic, I think. For years and years, Playstation fans have criticised Nintendo for its lack of third part support. They've claimed that the Playstation consoles are superior because of their extensive libraries of games. But now, these same people defend the PSP, saying "oh, it's a better system. The games are coming." Hmm... sounds like the sort of thing I said about my Gamecube back in 2001 ;).

Also, pretty much everyone I've heard of with both gadgets prefers their DS by a mile. Take that as you will.