The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Link Thread (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1377)

Nate the Great 12-17-2020 08:20 PM

Ian McKellan doing Shakespeare.

I went from Captain Picard clips to Stewart doing Shakespeare clips to McKellan doing Shakespeare clips. This is the youngest I've ever seen Sir Ian (the less said about the deaging in X-Men 3 the better).

Nate the Great 12-17-2020 11:29 PM

Phelous presents a department store catalog from 1969.

Even though this is from over a decade before I was born, I still have nostalgic feelings for this stuff. I have two older sisters that would've been children at around this time, so I've seen some of this tech before. I miss Viewmaster and flashbulb cameras and jack-in-the-boxes that actually had giant springs in them.

Nate the Great 12-21-2020 01:58 AM

What pizza chain is the best value?

There are a lot of factors, but we all know how important pizza is, right?

NAHTMMM 12-21-2020 02:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xk4W6N20

Fan video of Disney movies cut together and set to some pop song. It's fun and impressive.

Nate the Great 12-23-2020 02:30 AM

I saw that for the first time just a few days ago. Spooky...

Nate the Great 12-23-2020 11:14 AM

Some high quality Japanese Zyuranger (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) toys. These really are better than their American counterparts. I get a nice feeling of nostalgia watching these things, I was a major Power Rangers fan back in the day.

Nate the Great 12-23-2020 11:32 AM

BanjoGuyOllie presents Welcome to a Kick in the Pants from Commander Keen.

It's always nice to see Commander Keen get some love.

Of course there was a Christmas Commander Keen fangame.

Nate the Great 12-25-2020 03:22 AM

It's a Star Trek Christmas fanart day!

TOS characters doing the Peanuts Christmas Dance. I think I've posted this one already...

Trek Christmas cookies!

Kris Klingon.

The Enterprise as Santa's sleigh, complete with tribbles as reindeer

Kirk vs. Gorn ugly sweater!

Chibi TOS crew build a snowman. Is that small green guy supposed to be a Gorn?

A Captain Picard Make it Snow ornament

The ultimate TNG ugly sweater

Of course Santa's sleigh could be improved with some nacelles. Note the registry...

Nate the Great 12-25-2020 05:55 PM

I decided to do a roundup of classic Christmas commercials...

Fruity Pebbles. 'Tis the season to be sharing, Fred...

Honey Nut Cheerios. Did you say honey and nuts?

Hershey's Kisses. Whew...

McDonald's Runaway. Not really Christmas, but close enough.

Campbell's Soup Snowman.

M&M's. I don't know; I never met the guy...

Nate the Great 12-25-2020 06:58 PM

I Keep My Home In My Heart

I've had the Pokemon XMas Bash CD for years, and this song still has meaning for me.

Nate the Great 12-30-2020 10:28 PM

Hacking the code of Mario 3 from within the game to win in three minutes.

Yikes.

Nate the Great 12-30-2020 10:42 PM

It's been awhile since I schilled James Veitch, but let's see what happens when a gamer girl YouTuber tries the same thing.

Luvie is one of my more recent subscriptions. She lives in England and is similar to theodd1sout and his crew: telling stories about their fandoms and lives through simplified drawings of themselves. If I had any artistic talent at all, I'd probably do the same if I ever started a YouTube channel.

(Meaningless side story: the only time I ever uploaded a video to YouTube was to audition for a fandub that never happened. I pulled down the video afterwards.)

DrWho42 12-31-2020 02:55 AM

most recent commission of one of the morbius doctors:

RobertHolmes!Doctor for @DrWho42! This particular TARDIS was designed by the always fantastic @PaulJamesHanley

Nate the Great 12-31-2020 04:16 AM

At this point I've lost track of Star Trek DeviantArt Days...

A cool B&W collage of Trek heroes. The shame is that sticking with B&W means that you have to be careful about having too many or too few details on a given person's drawing, lest it look weird. For example, Tasha is a bit underdrawn and Worf a bit overdrawn.

A caricatured collage of Trek heroes. Some look interesting, others look awful. Chakotay fares the worst in this one.

A nicely stylized poster for "Journey to Babel." Deco lives on...

The TOS portraits are nice, but that Enterprise is way too far from the actual design.

What if they turned "Amok Time" into a collector's plate?

DrWho42 01-01-2021 03:48 AM

dan voltz did this art of david cronenberg's cameo in star trek:

STAR TREK: CRONENBERG

Nate the Great 01-02-2021 02:55 AM

Phelous reviews a Sears catalog from 1987.

Nostalgia, man...

Nate the Great 01-04-2021 02:16 AM

Have I mentioned being a DCAU fan yet?

Watchtower Database is a YouTube channel that covers every corner of the DCAU, released and unreleased. In this video they talk about the final issues of the DCAU Batman comic, what they would've revealed about the canon had they been released. Interesting stuff.

One thing that annoys me is that the Bat-Embargo even extended to comics. Because The Batman had comics, they couldn't make BTAS comics anymore? What stupidity...

Nate the Great 01-05-2021 02:58 PM

One of the classic early College Humor videos is The Tetris God.

Well, years later some actual Tetris players did an analysis of the "game". Funny stuff. My biggest problem is that they didn't bring up the fact that College Humor didn't use the official names for the tetrominos. Actual Tetris players don't say "squiggly", they say "S block", etc.

Nate the Great 01-07-2021 04:41 PM

TV Tunes Acapella does a cover of the TOS theme. You know, the one that sounds like opera singers who have just had bricks dropped on their feet.

I think there's a reason why we don't use this version of the theme very much anymore. The STTMP version is much cooler.

Nate the Great 01-08-2021 02:40 PM

An Imgur user made a gif about Ro Laren's earring being on the wrong ear and Riker making her switch it.

Yes, Ro wears her earring on the wrong ear. They were still working out the kinks in the Bajoran culture at this point.

The novels actually tackled this question. Ro is still sort of devout, so she wears the earring. However, she was annoyed by Vedeks who kept trying to grab her right ear a la Kai Opaka. So she swapped the earring so they couldn't do that.