The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Avatars... (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=983)

Alexia 02-13-2006 11:55 PM

My avatar appears to be causing some discussion. Is it relevant to this fora? No. As many avatars here aren't. Why have I use it? I liked it; simple as. I made it, I'm proud of it, and if I didn't respect the members of this forum I wouldn't be running this poll.

I did have to carefully consider if it would be appropriate to use here. I may have made the wrong choice, I don't know. For those of you who don't know, it's a scene from The L Word, one of my (and Cat's) favourite shows. It's a show about the lives of a group of women who happen to be lesbians. My icon shows a female ass, in the hands of another woman.

I can lose the icon, if people don't want to see it floating aroud this site. I really won't mind changing it. I was going to change it to this icon:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...a4747/eyes.png

...but this, although relevant to trek, is also lesbian themed. Maybe that's more of a problem than the actual ass. I don't know. Hence the poll.

So tell me what you'd prefer. I promise, however you vote I don't mind. I never intended to cause problems, I just liked the icon.

Vedra 02-14-2006 12:09 AM

I voted to keep the ass. I thought it was funny.

Ginga 02-14-2006 01:01 AM

You know, unless you really stare at it, you can't tell upon first glance what the icon really contains. :D

Therefore, because it's "controversial" and ground-breaking and the first of its kind, keep it!

NOTE: The ass is a body part. Therefore, because it is a part of nature, to the people who may be bothered by it: Grow up and get over it.

Vedra 02-14-2006 01:07 AM

Right on, Ginga!

e of pi 02-14-2006 01:10 AM

While I would prefer something different, as I lurked for a year or two before joining up, so I was about twelve or thirteen when I first came to this forum, I really have no problem with it staying. Whatever you decide. It's your avatar, and Zeke's the only one who can make you change it. Keep it, change it, whatever.

Xeroc 02-14-2006 01:15 AM

Honestly, now that you assked about it, I have to say, (Using the ASSCI character set, no less!) that I really doesn't bother me, ass I can see how the assinine complaints of those assassins who might wish to assassinate any asses of asstronomical proportions here, but ass for me, I really think such complaints not very asstute! :D

So, really, either one is just fine with me.

And yes, that was a cheesy attempt to make ass many ass-puns ass passible. ;)

e of pi 02-14-2006 01:18 AM

Couldn't hold that back, could you?

Xeroc 02-14-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
Couldn't hold that back, could you?

No, there wass no way I could resist making that many puns in one post. ;)

e of pi 02-14-2006 01:21 AM

Figures.

Ginga 02-14-2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeroc
Honestly, now that you assked about it, I have to say, (Using the ASSCI character set, no less!) that I really doesn't bother me, ass I can see how the assinine complaints of those assassins who might wish to assassinate any asses of asstronomical proportions here, but ass for me, I really think such complaints not very asstute! :D

XD That's the best thing I've read all day.

e of pi 02-14-2006 02:31 AM

It was here too, but a little bit of overkill.

Zeke 02-14-2006 03:53 AM

(post removed)

Zeke 02-14-2006 07:23 AM

I've removed a post I made here. Posting angry is a bad idea, and I proved it a couple of hours ago. I overreacted because past experiences have made me paranoid about situations like this.

Alexia, I'll talk to you later about why I was upset about this thread. For now, I've given you the alternative avatar you posted here. My problem with the old one was perfectly reasonable (and for others reading this thread, it was purely a matter of decency; nothing beyond "you're mooning everybody" had entered my mind).

Those who read my previous post, please respect the fact that it's no longer here. If you have something to say about it, contact me privately.

Alexia 02-14-2006 07:46 AM

Damn, I upset you when I posted this to try and undo any problems my ass caused...

I didn't read your post (I was asleep) but whatever it said, please tell me. I promise you, this isn't a repeat of any issue you may have had on this board before. I'm not about to fly off the handle because you express an opinion, and I also respect that this is your board, to run how you like.

Given that you didn't like either icon choice, I really appreciate you letting me keep the Jadzia icon.

And also, I have to ask because it's early and I don't get it, The R Word?

Zeke 02-14-2006 07:53 AM

Reassociation -- or just "Rejoined."

Vedra 02-14-2006 11:27 AM

Tsk tsk tsk. So much unnecessary drama.

Gatac 02-14-2006 12:40 PM

And I missed it...

Er, the drama, of course.

Gatac

NeoMatrix 02-14-2006 09:12 PM

Your not the only one that missed it. Oh well.

e of pi 02-14-2006 10:03 PM

Hah! More dirt! Cool! Still accepting bribes...

danieldoof 02-14-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeroc

hey x you stole my puns....all of them *g*