The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   May 26 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1082)

Zeke 05-26-2006 10:35 PM

May 26

You may recall that after last year's The OC season finale, I did a Top 10 list about what changes it would make. This year's finale was even bigger -- so it demands a Top 10 list of its own. Here's The Top 10 Consequences of The OC's Season 3 Finale. NOTE: That's not the real title. The real title is a big spoiler, and I don't want to spoil people like catalina marina who haven't got the current season yet... although this particular one is probably unavoidable by now (it's been all over the news).

Derek 05-26-2006 11:27 PM

I heard about that major spoiler, and I have no interest in the OC whatsoever, so go figure.

Nice list, Zeke. Especially the disclaimer.

e of pi 05-27-2006 12:26 AM

The motion to disregard the OC in its entirety has been proposed, and (just this molment) seconded. The matter is now open to debate.

evay 05-27-2006 12:38 AM

I say we disregard the series but leave a slot open to pay attention to Zeke's parodies. Item #1 of the new list in particular is very funny. 8)

Zeke 05-27-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
The motion to disregard the OC in its entirety has been proposed, and (just this moment) seconded.

Vetoed. This is my site. When I want to do OC stuff, I will.

Incidentally, while no one needs to hear me go on about the basher mentality again, there's plenty of it where this show is concerned. It's fashionable to be contemptuous of The OC whether you've actually watched it or not. This is one of the two major groups of shows in the basher world -- the other being shows it's fashionable to worship so blindly you might as well not be watching them.

e of pi 05-27-2006 02:07 AM

Sorry, Zeke. Forgot this isn't a democracy. :oops:

Scooter 05-27-2006 02:21 AM

Zeke's right. Any show you're fond of, someone else thinks you're an uncool moron for caring about. Do unto others, folks.

Hejira 05-27-2006 06:02 AM

I'm not a fan of it, but I found this fanfic where Ryan got pregnant and couldn't stop reading. Or laughing.

Something tells me that the real show has had even more ridiculous plots than aforementioned fic.

Zeke 05-27-2006 06:59 AM

I was gonna take exception to that, but... well... there's not much I can say after last year's storyline, where Ryan's new girlfriend turned out to be his adoptive grandfather's illegitimate daughter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
Sorry, Zeke. Forgot this isn't a democracy. :oops:

Well, yes and no. I try to give you guys what you want. (For example, I realize now that the lack of ENT fivers has really been hurting the site, so I'm going to make a new effort to get 5ME back on track.) I feel no obligation to give you only what you want, however. Things like the OC and Mega Man subsites are here primarily because I get a kick out of them; anyone else is a bonus. This stuff keeps the site from getting too much like a job.

Gatac 05-27-2006 06:49 PM

Man, I like OC. I just don't like it enough to keep watching it.

Still, great list.

Gatac

Lostoyannaya 05-27-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
(For example, I realize now that the lack of ENT fivers has really been hurting the site, so I'm going to make a new effort to get 5ME back on track.)

May flights of angels sing you sweet songs on this lofty quest!

Failing that, a mysterious parcel full of pie will suffice.

~~Lostoyannaya [current mood: feeling smarter with these glasses on o_o;;]

Zeke 05-30-2006 01:10 AM

Incidentally, when I post something that most people here won't appreciate, I tend to pimp it elsewhere too. Sometimes that works out pretty well. :mrgreen: