View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Standback"][b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Hey! You promised M&Ms and rabbit holes, not goo and Borg implants! Get these tubes out of my body!
[b:post_uid0]Robot:[/b:post_uid0] Sure thing, Neo!
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Good! Now get me something to wash this pink gunk off!
[i:post_uid0](FLUSH)[/i:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
You know, I remember thinking about a Borg joke for this scene earlier, but we were on Block 4 or so at the time. But I think if there's going to be a good Borg joke it has to be here. Um, how about:

[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] I am Neo of Borg. Resistance is futile.
[b:post_uid0]Robot:[/b:post_uid0] Oh, like that's the first time I've heard [i:post_uid0]that[/i:post_uid0]. Hold still while I unplug you.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] I will be dissimilated.
(FLUSH!)

You could also work in some reference to BoBW or Unimatrix Zero, the latter probably being better because a dream world built by drones has just a number of similarities to [i:post_uid0]The Matrix[/i:post_uid0]. (Maybe you could talk about Neo being cut off from the "hive mind" or something, I don't know.)

Edit: ARGH! Why does !) always become a smiley?[/color:post_uid0]