Thread: Blank thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 01:09 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Katy Jane"]We had a grasshopper once. it was a realy big one that either me or my brother caught in the yard, we kept it in a peanut butter jar for some three months, then the jar was gone, i dont know if it died or someone let it out. :lol: That was how i learned that incects molt :lol:[/quoteost_uid0]
Unpleasant, but at least you had the sense to have only [iost_uid0]one[/iost_uid0] grasshopper. Â I collected seven crickets while visiting relatives in Kazabazua and brought them home in a big jar. Â I was about eight, and it honestly didn't occur to me that I ought to feed them. Â (You'd think it would at least have occurred to my parents....)

When we got back to London, which was where I lived at the time, I found out we had crickets there too, so I added one to the jar. Â It was bigger than the others, I noticed. Â And then I noticed something else. Â I didn't have seven crickets anymore. Â I had five.

When I woke up the next morning, I had three, plus the big new guy. Â The latter jumped down the sink later that day when Mom was washing the jar. Â By evening, I had only one cricket, and my parents told me it was time to let him go. Â So I did. Â I'll never know how he made out in a town of bigger crickets, but at least he was no longer forced to [iost_uid0]eat them[/iost_uid0]. Â (I hope he didn't continue to out of habit....)

I don't know how well I understood what was going on at the time, but looking back on it now, [iost_uid0]boy[/iost_uid0] does it make my skin crawl.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction