View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 07:53 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Fiver By Committee is an ongoing experiment in audience participation at 5MV. Most parodies we carry are written by a single author or occasionally two; FBC is open to anyone who wants to give it a try. My hope is that it'll provide a valuable practice run for would-be guest writers, and a little fun for all.

The general procedure is as follows:
    [*]I start a thread, "Block X" for some positive integer X, with a synopsis of a scene or short group of scenes from the movie in progress.[*]Anyone who thinks of a funny way to retell the scene posts his or her version. Others may make suggestions on improving the proposed versions, or just indicate which they think is best.[*]If the posters reach consensus after a couple of days, I take the completed Block X, add it to the fiver-in-progress, and start the thread for Block X+1.[*]If, on the other hand, the thread has been active for several days without any apparent consensus, I or Kira proposes a version combining the most popular ones so far, and the group votes on it. Assuming a decent majority vote in favour, this becomes the finished Block X.[/list]The obvious rules apply: no flaming, no double exclamation marks, and it's okay to argue about which version to use, but keep it civil. I reserve the right to make final decisions about each block. Don't take it hard if your scene isn't chosen by the group, especially if you're a first-timer. All of 5MV's guest writers have gone through the editing process and had to make changes they weren't happy about.

All that said, let's have a good time, folks.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction