Thread: November 23
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 05:50 AM
...and not cowardly

Default Sort of yet not even remotely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira
I never got the sense as I always did from Voyager that they had suffered casualties and it was weighing on the crew
On the contrary I liked how enterprise didn't simply kill red shirts arbitrarally. I find that it becomes meaningless if they do it too much. Any shuttle crash or away mission you can't possibly be surprised. Its to be expected. I think it would be better it they let you get to know characters a bit before they die so their deaths have some meaning. No one ever seems to remember their dead they dissapear and thats the end. I sorta liked Trips letter to the crew members family, it makes some meaning for the death besides making the situation seem more serious.
On a side note I'm not all that thrilled with Enterpise myself. Its not very star trek like at all. The Xindi war was completely stupid unless it gets temporally erased Its a huge plot whole that such a major conflict never gets recognized by anyone in the previous series. I definitely perfered seasons one and two, more TCW stuff should have been developed in season three instead of some stupid random war. I'm really hopeing that in the end the Krenum will pay a major part in the war. Why would such a temporally advanced race be left out. I missed the end of this seasons opening but I assume the TCW isn't over yet.
Back on track the I think Miss Blalock should have made some better points then those. For one the cheap sex. The reationship between her and Trip is stupid. It developes way to fast and way too well stupidly. Come on "I wanted to explore human sexuality" Sex is totally Taboo for Vulcan conversation let alone exploration. That is worth complaint. They should have developed the relationship more naturally if at all. The weding thing is a relatively good develpement but not necessary.
Well whatever they may be able to clean it all up.