View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 02:36 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Tank: Good morning. I have been assigned to act as your instructor during your stay here. Today we will start with the basics. First off: Infrastructure Maintenance 101--How to Fill Out and Submit a Request Form for Supplies; Infra-Maintenance 102--Thirty-Three Ways to Peel Potatoes When You Don't Have a Sharp Knife--
Neo: Hey, let's skip all that and go straight to the good stuff like karate, OK?
Tank: Um, I suppose that that could also work...
Neo: And get me one of those pairs of cool shades.
Tank: No. To get cool shades, you must go to Z'ha'Dum and visit the gift shop.
Neo: Don't you mean Zion?
Tank: Whatever. And you can't go there until you've passed all the classes, including Security 103: How to Stop Someone From Betraying Us All to the Matrix.*
Neo: Aw.[/quoteost_uid0]

Long, but we could shorten it down or something...

[quoteost_uid0]Neo: Can you get me one of those pairs of cool shades?
Tank: No. To get cool shades, you must go to Z'ha'Dum and visit the gift shop.
Neo: Don't you mean Zion?
Tank: Whatever. And you can't go there until you've passed all the classes, including Security 103: How to Stop Someone From Betraying Us All to the Matrix.*
Neo: Aw.[/quoteost_uid0]

*I haven't seen the movie, but I'm envisioning a later scene, based on comments here, that runs something like this:

[bost_uid0]Neo: Hey, what's up?[/bost_uid0]
Cypher: Oh, nothing.
Neo: "Nothing"? You sure look busy.
[bost_uid0]Cypher: I'm just betraying you all to the Matrix, is all.
Neo: Oh, okay.[/bost_uid0]

Etc, etc.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs