View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 12:07 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My conservative blood is pumping! Anger...rising...REPUBLICAN SMASH! REPUBLICAN CRUSH! REPUBLICAN...

...ooops...I'm not the hulk.

[quoteost_uid0]Hmmm, let's see, who has had war, etc, etc[/quoteost_uid0]
(my copy & paste thing is screwed up, sorry)

Hmmm, let's see, who would be speaking german now if the U.S. hadn't interveined?

Hmmm, let's see, who planted trees all along their roads because the Nazis were feeling hot marching in the sun?

Hmmm, let's see, who surrendered?

And the reason no-one has invaded the U.S. openly is because we'd know about it! To move an entire army, they'd have to use big planes and big ships. Big metal things with 2,000 people on them move slowly. Certainly slow enough so that we can bomb or otherwise cut off the invasion with nearly 100% Â stop..i...ness.
And despite some, now apparant, political divisions, Canada and Mexico aren't going to stage an invasion anytime soon.

[quoteost_uid0]he wasn't voted in anyway[/quoteost_uid0]

There are two usual arguments for this.

1. The hanging chad /"I meant to vote for Gore!" stuff.

Those people voted for the person they punched for. Doesn't matter their intent. If I see some gum on the wheel of my car, and drive back and forth to try and get it off, and there just happens to be a man right in front of the tire, and you roll back and forth across his body, you still are charged for murder, or at least manslaughter. And they should have drunk more coffee in the morning. They should be able to punch a little hole in a card. And they should get some glasses.

2. The supreme court stuff

Gore would not accept that he lost, so he kept petitioning for recounts. Because of Al's stubborn disbelief, the American public (and the world) was duped into believing that Bush was not voted in.

And no offence Canada, but we can choose our own doctors, and the doctors aren't paid for by the government. We can switch healthcare plans. You call socialization freedom?

The landmine thing.

I'm not sure if we use landmines, but the company you keep doesn't influence you, for the most part. I'm still conservative, even spending my free time here. So don't go writing off America as a barbaric nation just because we didn't sign a treaty. Maybe Russia and China didn't like it for different reasons than the U.S.

And John Ashcroft...you're completly right. He's a lunatic. The patriot act bans model rockets! You can have my rockets the same time you get my guns-when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

He lost to a dead guy. That's why he's pro-life.[/colorost_uid0]