Thread: May 4
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

Thanks for this, Zeke. I didn't even know about this site, and it's an excellent intro. Other excellent aids to getting up to speed on the individual Doctors and their episodes can be found at sites below (in ascending order of hardcoreness):
  • A short introductory essay to the Classic Doctors, not nearly as good as the Monitor Duty page but it'll get your feet wet if you have just (er) five minutes, can be found here, and there's a lot of other info elsewhere on that site as well.
  • The BBC site (Classic series) Episode Guide, which is great because it incorporates the Discontinuity Guide -- lots of fun explanations, goofs, and examples of the best and worst dialog
  • Outpost Gallifrey Episode Guide, which has a lot of detailed production background
  • The Doctor Who Reference Guide has way comprehensive and detailed plot summaries not only of all the episodes but the novels, Big Finish audios, and every other conceivable spin-off
Anything you don't see on these sites that's you're scratching your head over, just ask -- send me an email or post a topic in the SF forum. I'm also working on a "Five Minute Doctor Who" fiver, sort of like Zeke's "Five Minute Cheese" entire-series fivers, to encapsule the entire 43 years of Doctor Who...