View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]The response level in these threads sure fluctuates, doesn't it?[/quoteost_uid0]
I guess the most obvious jokes (and some of them are obvious enough to get stuck in your head) have already been tried. :S About the only other possibilities that occur to me are
--Neo treating the road like a big trampoline and
--an Indiana Jones version of the skyscraper scene

I like the majority of the submissions so far. A not-so-lame version of my third-to-last post is possibly my favorite right now. Maybe something like this:

[quoteost_uid0]Morpheus: [iost_uid0]*Smack!*[/iost_uid0] I'm going to show you how easy it is to fight in the Matrix, Neo. Try it--take a swing at me.
Neo: Sure, no problem.
Morpheus: Ha, you missed! And you missed again! Hohoho, you're awful.
Neo: Grr, this is frustrating. I'm getting thirsty. Mind if I go get a drink at that water fountain over there?
Morpheus: (turns to look) What water fountain? There shouldn't be any in this progr--
Neo: [iost_uid0]*Smack!*[/iost_uid0] Ha! Neo 1, Morpheus 1!
Morpheus: Grr... That's it, you're going down. [iost_uid0]*Way*[/iost_uid0] down.

Morpheus: For this lesson, I'll show you how easy it is to defy gravity in the Matrix, Neo. Â Try it--stroll off the top of this skyscraper into thin air, like I just did.
Neo: Like this?
Morpheus: Yup, easy as pie. Â You just have to remember to never look down.
Neo: Never what?
Morpheus: Look down.
Neo: Oh, sh--*distant splat*[/quoteost_uid0]
For a third section, we could finish up with either Kira's last scene or this:
[quoteost_uid0]Morpheus: Heheh, gets 'em every time.
Neo: Owies. Did that smack [iost_uid0]*really*[/iost_uid0] call for such painful retaliation?
Morpheus: Well, I was hoping to ruin your appetite too. A fresh shipment of red M&M's just came in today and I don't want anyone getting into my stash.[/quoteost_uid0]

I'm kinda partial to my SW version too, but that's just me. Kira's and NeoMatrix's are also good.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs