View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]My mistake -- I think it's understandable, though, since you said that "quote" answered the bulk of Sa'ar's questions.[/quoteost_uid0]
I can see what you mean. I was generally referring to the two's dubious history with the C-word, and Berman's in particular, since he's the guy before the network when it comes top the decision-making hierarchy. Though, to be fair, Trek has never been all that careful about continuity.

[quoteost_uid0]We probably shouldn't get into the [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] continuity debate. Â Could get messy. [/quoteost_uid0]
It bothers me when the PTBs talk about how they're "science fiction," yet make stupid errors a high school student could catch. And maul continuity. Granted, certain differences can be expected, there being an unforseen (in the 60s) boom in tech development, etc.

[quoteost_uid0]What scares me is that one of the current staff on the show used to [iost_uid0]be[/iost_uid0] science advisor -- a title that should have been revoked the moment he submitted "Demon."[/quoteost_uid0]
AGHK! Do not speak its naaaaame! Ouch, who was that? It wasn't Andre Bormanis, was it?

[quoteost_uid0]Oh, I'm not saying RB has no responsibility for script problems. Â I just find it odd that almost no one seems to give Logan any responsibility for them.[/quoteost_uid0]
It's a little hard to blame Logan, since he's a "newb". Still... good lord. "Reman"? Gahh! Wasn't he part of some big, respected project?

Here's a question nobody can answer satisfactorily: even if Shinzon WAS a precise duplicate of Picard, why the frell would he have an English accent? Where is the logic?

[quoteost_uid0]Sorry to be so harsh with you, Nan -- you were just the one who happened to hit one of my Trek hot buttons this time. Â And to prove I'm not a humourless basher-basher, let it be known far and wide that I found this Trek BBS post hilarious.[/quoteost_uid0]
It's okay. It weirded me out a little, but I understand where you're coming from. It did sound like your typical B&B bash. When bashing, I try to have very specific reasons and not end up mouthing vague fan displeasure. Even if Braga is a big walking target.

Must..... RESIST!

[quoteost_uid0]YABB?[/quoteost_uid0]
[bost_uid0]Y[/bost_uid0]et
[bost_uid0]A[/bost_uid0]nother
[bost_uid0]B[/bost_uid0]raga (or [bost_uid0]B[/bost_uid0]erman)
[bost_uid0]B[/bost_uid0]ashing

Acronyms are fun. [/colorost_uid0]