View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:39 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I've read The Lost Years, but it's been awhile. I thought that it was okay, but I also think that the whole post-TOS pre-TMP era really needs to be set in stone in actual canon as to what went on with Kirk and company. Actually, the whole 2270-2290 era needs to be established. When was everyone promoted? Why the heck did Chekov, Uhura, and Sulu stick around so long, hurting their career track (I agreed with Mr. Adventure on that one). At least they've established that Spock, McCoy, and Scott had no further ambitions, but the younger guys should've been gunning for commands of their own.

I liked Here There Be Dragons.

Cool or funny lines are why we write fivers. It's why I write them, anyway.

So you're not one of those gunning for official canonical inclusion of New Frontier. I'm not either, by the way. New Frontier is okay, but it reminds me of Jack Kirby's New Gods. It COULD be Trek, but change a few names and technologies and New Frontier could be set in almost any scifi universe.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.