View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 08:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Heiwa

I mostly agree with what Fuyu Ginga said. Except I can't express any dismay over ENT's cancellation, and I'm glad it really didn't last any longer than it already has.

Like Sa'ar Chasm, I mostly stopped watching in the midst of Season 1 when every episode seemed to turn into a commercial for some kind of body wash, with everyone rubbing all over each other in as little clothing as possible. TNG, DS9, and VOY all had sexual elements, but even they really did not go as far and get as desperate as ENT did.

The whole rewriting of Trek history, ignoring canon, and alienating a huge section of the fan base ... I don't think I'll ever understand who thought this would be a good idea. When a show airs on a network that the entire country doesn't even get, it would seem that you need as many fans as you can get, and can't really afford to tick scores of them off. But that's what B&B did.

I for one, am really glad Trek will be going into hiatus. Hopefully when it comes back, neither B will be at the helm, someone with imagination like Coto or Ron Moore or Rene Echevarria might be involved, and we'll be able to enjoy the next Trek renaissance.

My one claim to fame! :P