Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 PM
You just activated his Trek card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk&NR=1

This is ludicrous. A guy claims that in order to beat the Running Man in OOT, you need to do the following:

1. Challenge the guy as Adult Link.
2. Go back in time and go to the finish line.
3. Wait seven years of game time, which is supposedly a week in real-life (based on the rate at which the sun rises and sets, presumably).
4. Young Link will suddenly be replaced by Adult Link and the guy will appear and concede defeat.

Ludicrous. I distinctly remember reading that someone did a full dump of all of the game text, and that there was no message in there to allow for a victory. Besides, I'm pretty sure any and all events in OOT operate on a trigger, and unless there's a physical timer on the screen time means diddly squat. The trigger is set off by one of your actions, usually a conversation or beating a dungeon. Furthermore, you can't beat the running man if the race timer leaves the screen; and going back in time automatically overrides all such timers.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.